• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dwarf lop Or Mini lop?

puppyjess12345

Mama Doe
Hey, I'm new here.

This is my rabbit Rosie and as the title says: Is she a Dwarf lop or Mini lop?
(she weighs 3 and a half pounds)

rabbits003.jpg

rabbit056.jpg

rabbit052.jpg

rabbit053.jpg

Thank you :wave:

Last edited:
looks like a mini lop to me

this is a dwarf lop for comparison (she is 2.5 kg) dwarf lops have a longer face too :)

SAM_1483.jpg

She looks like a mini-lop as the others have said: they have a distinct face shape and are smaller and lighter than the dwarf variety. I have a big white rabbit but am auntie to a cute little mini-lop who weighs 1.8kg.

i think Alvin should of been a mini but hes been mixed with a bigger bun so weight wise hes a dwarf but face wise hes a mini... confusing as hell this breed lark :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Has anyone got any advice for me on bonding her. Its a while until I start however I'm going to pick Peter Pan up tomorrow (husband to be). But after reading all your posts, I see you stay with them a lot of the time during night and day while bonding and bring them inside.

However this is a big no no to have them in the house for longer then 30 mins as my mum and dad hate the mess. Any ideas? I don't fancy sitting outside all day and night :roll:.

What about if I bond them and at night put them in a divided cage with mesh in the middle?

Last edited:
Oh goodness, he's lovely too. :love::love: I don't have any experience of doing bonding, but others will come along I'm sure. You could also start a thread in the 'bonding' section of 'rabbit care discussion.' I do know that introducing them in neutral territory is very important. :wave:

There is a lot of information about bonding in the special section further up on this forum. Is Peter Pan neutered? Is she neutered? It makes bonding much easier if they have both been neutered for a few weeks at least.

You have to let them meet on neutral territory, e.g. in a dog crate or indoor cage, but you also have to be able to separate them, if they start fighting. Indoors is much easier, as you will have to give them a few days to make friends, sometimes it works quickly, sometimes it doesn't. You can't leave them alone during the night, as they might start fighting and then you find two injured bunnies in the morning.

Alternatively you could ask a rescue or forum member in your area to bond them for you for a small donation. And clean her hutch in the meantime to remove her smell, so that she doesn't see it as her territory any more. Where did you get the bunnies from?

Yes, I've read all the stuff about bonding on here. No they are not, but as soon as i've got Peter Pan tomorrow, I'm booking them in at the local vets. I also know about leaving it around 6 weeks before bonding.

Neutral territory, hmm inside isnt an option. Would a sectioned off part of a garage do? And about them at night, I cant sleep in a garage so the only way would be to seperate them :?

I have a Raystede nearby and Im in the eastbourne area.

Last of all I got Rosie from a breeder and am getting Peter Pan from a breeder. I know about rescues now from here but I guess its to late :/

Thanks everyone for your lovely comments :)

It isn't recommended to start the bonding and then to interrupt it during the night. Then they always have to start from the beginning again. That's why many of us spend the night on the sofa. Just letting them sit next to each other with mesh between them isn't ideal, either.

And yes, it's better to wait a few weeks for the hormones to die down. Don't let them together before they have both been done and a few weeks have passed. It only takes a second to get her pregnant, and males are still fertile for a few weeks after the operation.

Maybe you can ask about bonding help in a separate thread? I am sure there are some people in your area. :)

Back