• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How old? and Neutering questions..

tubbysmom

Young Bun
Okay.. my grandad gave me some branches/twigs from his apple tree, and was wondering how old they have to be to give them to my bunnies? They are 13 weeks old. Also, can they eat the leaves?

Also one final question!! How old should my rabbits be before I can get them neutered? I have a girl and a boy bun. Are there different ages for neutering?

Thank You! No doubt I'll be back with more questions though lol :lol:

Here it is.

Hey,

Do we get some pictures of your new bunnies?

Are your buns living apart?

The boy can be done as soon as his bits drop and the vets say its safe to operate on him. Often the girl needs to be done later and, again, that will be down to vets discretion as to when they feel its safe to spay.

I know nothing about apple tree twigs though

They will need to be separated pretty sharpish to avoid any accidental pregnancies. Then they will need to be kept separated until at least 6-8 weeks after his neuter, but preferably also after she has recovered from her spay. You will then need to rebond them.

Back