• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

just hay and pellets ?

pennypoos

Mama Doe
I gave my rabbits a piece of apple yesturday as a little treat, and this mornin wen I went out to give them their breckie, I noticed some runny poops in the litter tray. Should I just give them hay and pellets today and cut out the veg that I usually feed them around 5 oclock ?
Thanks.

I'm no expert but I gather if they are not used to certain types of foods they can get upset tums, even small amounts. :wave:

if they're having runny poops I would cut out the veg for today, maybe give them a couple of herbs or some plantain if you have anything but nothing like spring greens, broccoli etc

It would be nice to feed your rabbits something fresh when they are feeling better. Introduce really slowly and one thing at a time. I tend to steer clear of most veggies ie. Broccoli, spring greens etc and only feed fresh herbs, rose leaves and petals, bramble leaves, Calendula etc. Hay is the most importants part of their diet, but I think some fresh herbs etc are more important than pellets, so Basil only has a few of these, but he does have two big bowls of herbs etc. everyday. We have no tummy issues, so this seems to suit him, but of course, every rabbit is different. Hope your rabbits are feeling better soon.

Back