• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with shed buns...

Hoppit!

Wise Old Thumper
How do you stop them from jumping out into the garden, assuming you don't have a run/aviary attached in front? Does anyone have a special barrier? If so piccies much apprieciated! :D

i have a metal fence thing that i step over if i want to get in. (though it does come off if it needs to)

(the top half seperates from teh bottom half)
IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7946.jpg

I've got a removeable mesh panel that is about 1foot high. Stops rabbits coming out, although mine generally run away when I open the shed door!

We have a run in front of one door and inside the other door we have a half-height meshed door that was taken off of our old PAH run that we dont tend to use anymore.

Harley lives in the half of the shed with the door but she's free range in the garden so I just let her out :lol:

She's getting so old now she can't keep up with eating the plants so I don't worry much about her eating my flowers

We got a piece of trellis that's two foot wide and has small holes, and have this at the front of the shed, so I can step over but the buns can't get out that easily. :) They still could if they tried though!

Dh made a little gate - just under 2ft high and basically a wooden frame with mesh. It was supposed to be for me to step over but it's too high. :lol: Nothing fancy but it does the job. I can take a photo if it helps. :)

DSCF0467450x600.jpg

DSCF0468450x600.jpg

It still needs painting to match the rest (and excuse the mess inside - it's cleaning day tomorrow :oops:). It's hinged on the right hand side, so it opens back against the shed wall, and there's a hasp/staple lock on the other side as a closure. :)

I have an aviary panel with a door in, it's just far enough in that I can shut the shed door behind me. They still try to make breaks for freedom though:roll:.

I use a shed for the foster bunnies. I slip a puppy panel in front of the door before I walk in if I have any bunnies who try get out when they're are not supposed to. There is also a bolt on the inside of the door to keep the door closed if necessary when I am in the shed.

those with shed buns..

I have a mesh "gate" that i put across to stop the bunnies getting out:)my shed has a run around the outside anyway so they would just get out into that but with so many foxes around i can,t have that happening:shock:

Thanks for posting! I'm still designing my new shed, so was just wondering the most practical way. Do you think it'd be possible to have the barrier slide across in front of the door, rather than swinging shut?

Back