• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

carrier for 2 small/medium and 1 large bun?

BattleKat

Wise Old Thumper
I have my first vet trip for all three buns coming up and I'm having trouble working out whether all three would fit comfortably in the carriers I'm looking at.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

thanks in advance.

I've tried a few carriers and my favourite is Atlas 20 as the clips are secure. Its worth paying the extra for a top opening carrier as it is easier to get them in and out for vets trips.

The only problem I can foresee with putting all three bunnies into one carrier is the weight of the damn thing. I struggle to carry just two big bunnies in one cage :shock:. When I take all four to the vets at once, I stack two cages one ontop of the other and strap them to my doggie-stroller!!! Then we wheel ourselves into the surgery like a nutty Hollywood starlet with a chihuahua in a pink tutu :shock:.

The only problem I can foresee with putting all three bunnies into one carrier is the weight of the damn thing. I struggle to carry just two big bunnies in one cage :shock:. When I take all four to the vets at once, I stack two cages one ontop of the other and strap them to my doggie-stroller!!! Then we wheel ourselves into the surgery like a nutty Hollywood starlet with a chihuahua in a pink tutu :shock:.
that did cross my mind; Eli alone in a carrier is quite a weight, especially if he moves from one end to the other :lol:
Problem is they're still relatively newly bonded and I don't want to split them up at all.

Thanks for the suggestions, I think I'll go to a shop and see if I can find any of them to take a proper look at.

I took five to the vet but couldn't fit three in one carrier so had a two, a two and a single. I struggled to lift the two so couldn't have managed three. My vet has now offered to come to me next time vaccinations are due:)

I have a group of three and separating them for the vet visit didn't affect their bond at all - but they are not newly bonded.

Back