• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Netuer/behaviour question

samantha m

Warren Scout
Hiya
I hope this is the right place, as tbh I didnt really know where to post it, as I think it could come under health, and maybe behaviour, so thought here just to see

I have never before neutered either my males or my females, I know people dont agree with this because of health problems, which I never knew about them with health problems as such as I was younger and my oldest female is now nearly 6 so I wouldnt put her through that as this age.

But I now have my lovely (but naughty) Digit, who is a total terror lol, loves humping your arm or anything really, loves biting you in a friendly way, so was wonderig would neutering stop this? and I know thsi is probably a stupid question but does it change there personality? as I have been told that it can do, and I love him how he is, just not keen on the humping, as I used to love it when he was a baby he would lay for ages having a cuddle, and he is still that affectionate bunny but the being naughty with my arm, is starting to get slightly annoying.

He has lots of toys to play with so it isnt boredom, or anything, and he is an indoor bun.

So yeah was just wondering if neutering would stop him from doing this, or is this just normal bunny behaviour. I've had him around 4 months, so is between 6 and 7 months if that makes a difference.

Thanks for any help :)

With Grim it just stopped the humping. He hasn't really changed otherwise. In fact I would say he is a little more laid back at times and will cuddle for a lot longer but at other times is just as crazy and loves to jump around. His true personality has come out a lot more as before he was a little preoccupied with his hormones. :lol:

I agree it's only ever made them less humpy & nippy with all my lot. Except Calel & Smirnoff who still hate me

Incidentally - an unspayed doe has an 80% risk of developing uterine cancer. If that happened, she may well end up having as serious an op & a spay anyway, so 6 may not be too old:D

On a side note, someone on RU had their 8 yr old female spayed and she came through the GA ok :)

Back