• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits and winter

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
are they safe outside wen its cold on night times mine are wrapped up well ...but was thinking of looking on ebay for some cheap carriers for on a night time.:wave:

carriers for what?mine are locked in at night and have tonnes and tonnes of hay snuggle up too :)

Personally, I find the colder it is, the more my lot stay in the run section :shock:

Plenty of nice hay and they should be fine xxx

Mine love nothing better than sitting outside when it's minus ten degrees! As long as they've got somewhere warm and dry to retreat to should they wish, they'll be fine. I wouldn't recommend bringing them in on cold nights as the sudden change in temperature could make them ill. Either bring them indoors for the whole winter (day and night) or leave them outside so that they get used to the cold and grow a nice thick coat.

Last edited:
I read on another thread that is bad to keep swapping them from inside to outside during the winter, and that you should just pick one :wave: if they are outside now and growing their winter coats they should be ok, just give them plenty of hay and make sure their hutch is well-sheltered from the elements

Just to add, you can't keep them enclosed in carriers all night I'm afraid. Best just to keep them outside with lots of hay and straw, a snuggle safe or 2 and a hutch cover. If they're youngsters they should be fine.

Last edited:
Back