• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've been bitten badly and I'm off to the clinic for my tetanus jab!

Stupid me thought that I should try and introduce Blossom and Jasper again as they got on so well before Blossom's spay and they were in the runs next to each other touching noses through the mesh. :roll: I was totally wrong. I should have had someone there with me and something like a brush to use in case of fighting.

Blossom went running up to Jasper all happy to see him, sticking her head underneath his tummy. :love: He got all excited and binkied away. Then he came back to her, they touched noses but then I saw he was going to bite her head! So I pulled her away and stroked her. :) That's when Jasper bit her bum! :shock: She in defence bit him back and then they started scrapping! :cry:I was really scared that one of them was going to get hurt so I put my hands in and grabbed the first bunny I could. Then...Blossom got me! She latched onto the skin on my hand and I tried to pull away. I couldn't escape her grip so waited untill she let go. She did when she realised it was me not Jasper! I went and put her in her hutch before looking at my hand. I had a massive bite mark...a hole! She had gone through layers of skin and i could see pink flesh at the bottom. :shock:
I ran inside shouting owwww and to be honest I didn't think it was too bad, thought I might have to go to hospital though cos it was deep!
My Mum told me to rinse my hand with water, so I did and ohhh it stung! Then I looked at my hand again and felt sick. Blood was pouring out. :shock: My mum (who used to be a nurse thank goodness) rushed me to the kitchen where she fixed up my hand (I felt like a little kid that had fallen over and needed a plaster. :lol: ) She washed it, put antiseptic cream on and bandaged it up. My hands are really bony (I hate them) so there's deffo going to be a nasty scar. :( There's no way I could have stiches cos there's no skin there to stitch! I went really dizzy and my eye sight went blurry, it was actually really scary! :shock:

My Mum is going to take me to doctors for my tetanus jab just to be on safe side. ;) I am in no way mad at Blossom, poor girl was scared and was just being defensive. I am pretty annoyed at Jasper though cos he bit her. :? But I've given them both a cuddle anyway, I couldn't resit their innocent faces. :roll: It was my fault! So my hand is all bandaged up (my right hand) So now I can't write, at least I have an excuse for not doing my homework though. ;)

Poor you! My daughter had a terrible bite on her leg from getting in between scrapping bunnies. She had a huge bruise to go with the puncture wounds!

Hope your hand is feeling better soon!

Oh you poor thing, must really hurt!!!!

Where did you introduce them? Sounds like perhaps it was too larger space to start with, was it a neautral space?

omg!:shock:
I hope it heals well and starts to feel better soon.
I once had to break up a fight between 2 of my lot..it was just a mess of orange blur!
Just grabbed one :lol: Luckily I didnt get bitten 2 back.
Now i always bond in a room with a thick towl I can chuck on them

Oh you poor thing, must really hurt!!!!

Where did you introduce them? Sounds like perhaps it was too larger space to start with, was it a neautral space?

I first introduced them in the bathroom before the spay. They got along great and went in the run together many of times. Then the nipping started. :? So I spilt up Jasper and Blossom and Blossom got spayed last week. I thought that now she's been done they'd get along again. :( I think Jasper could still smell her hormones, I'm guessing they haven't gone yet. I should have researched, I feel so bad. They seemed to want to get to each other through the mesh and were binkying at the sight of each other. :love:

So I put Jasper into the 7ft x 5ft x2ft high run with her and that's where the fight started. :( The lid was off so I could split them up but I really should have thought it through. To be honest I'm glad it was me that she bit cos it would have really hurt Jasper. :( She's being lovely to me now, I know she wouldn't bite me on purpose, she's a lovely rabbit, I just got in the way of a fight! :roll:

I first introduced them in the bathroom before the spay. They got along great and went in the run together many of times. Then the nipping started. :? So I spilt up Jasper and Blossom and Blossom got spayed last week. I thought that now she's been done they'd get along again. :( I think Jasper could still smell her hormones, I'm guessing they haven't gone yet. I should have researched, I feel so bad. They seemed to want to get to each other through the mesh and were binkying at the sight of each other. :love:

So I put Jasper into the 7ft x 5ft x2ft high run with her and that's where the fight started. :( The lid was off so I could split them up but I really should have thought it through. To be honest I'm glad it was me that she bit cos it would have really hurt Jasper. :( She's being lovely to me now, I know she wouldn't bite me on purpose, she's a lovely rabbit, I just got in the way of a fight! :roll:

Aww you poor thing, if you dont put them in a neutral area they will fight, their run isnt neutral. Id let them settle for a couple of weeks and for you to recover! Then set up a small neutral area and try again, im sure they will be fine. xx

Aww you poor thing, if you dont put them in a neutral area they will fight, their run isnt neutral. Id let them settle for a couple of weeks and for you to recover! Then set up a small neutral area and try again, im sure they will be fine. xx

Thanks for the advice. :) I hope they get on. Just got back from hospital, that's where I was referred. I have had the tetanus jab and I have had the "hole" all cleaned and covered up. I'm also on antibiotics so that I don't get an infection from it. ;)

Hope you heal quickly! Sounds like you were only trying to do your best for them too! Hope the bunnies eventually get on too!! xx

Oh gosh, poor you - I was out last night and missed this. Hope it is not feeling too sore - you won't be able to wash the dishes for a while! :lol: I've never done bonding, but hopefully the neutral area will get your bunnies back on track.

Hope your hand is on the mend soon. Buns can bite through to the bone so you came off quite lightly, although it may not feel like it. Whenever I bond or have a new bun who's aggressive I always use a thick pair of garden gloves, the leather and suede type ones. It can be hazardous intervening in a bunny scrap as whilst they may bite a human and it hurts, they want to cause damage to another bun and mean business, it's so easy to get injured when they mistake your hand for the opposing bun when adrenaline is pumping. Hope you manage to get them bonded and keep all your fingers :)

Ouchie!!

Having seen some horrific injuries from what rabbits can do to each other I can imagine your pain.

Hope it all heals soon!

Back