• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hello

ZoeLou

Warren Scout
hello i am zoe and i have 2 lion heads and 1 mini lop.
The lion heads are broken colours rebecca the female is brown and white and alix whome we thought was a girl is black and white...george is the mini lop...i havent had rabbits since i was a kid..anyway rebecca as built a nest and pulled her fur out ..i think this was when i fetched them in together he humped her for at least 5 secs and squealed a bit lol...(they are brother and sister) we have now seperated them..could she be pregnant or is it possible she is having a phantom pregnancie???

I cant feel any thing in her tummie if she is pregnant she should be due soon i reckon....any advice would be great thanks xxx ( they are 5 months old the lion heads)

It sounds as though she is about to kindle, poor little girl, she is still only a baby herself :cry: Obviously the fact that they are brother and sister is also far from ideal :cry:

It is absolutely essential that the Buck is kept away from her as if/when she kindles he will immediately impregnate her again.

You will need to provide a nesting box for her or at least make sure that if she has already built a nest that it is well protected from cold and damp. She will stop eating about 12 hours before she kindles, this is normal. Just make sure she has plenty of fresh hay and water and her normal concentrate feed available. Dark leafy greens can promote milk production but only feed the type she is used to.

I would advise you to get the Buck neutered ASAP.

It sounds as though she is about to kindle, poor little girl, she is still only a baby herself :cry: Obviously the fact that they are brother and sister is also far from ideal :cry:

It is absolutely essential that the Buck is kept away from her as if/when she kindles he will immediately impregnate her again.

You will need to provide a nesting box for her or at least make sure that if she has already built a nest that it is well protected from cold and damp. She will stop eating about 12 hours before she kindles, this is normal. Just make sure she has plenty of fresh hay and water and her normal concentrate feed available. Dark leafy greens can promote milk production but only feed the type she is used to.

I would advise you to get the Buck neutered ASAP.

HI THANKS FOR UR ADVICE... they have been seperate a while now it was when i fetched them back in house together as i said he humoped her for no more than 5 seconds i never thought anything of it..i wanted them to see each again after i seperated them

HI THANKS FOR UR ADVICE... they have been seperate a while now it was when i fetched them back in house together as i said he humoped her for no more than 5 seconds i never thought anything of it..i wanted them to see each again after i seperated them

it only takes seconds for a buck to impregnate a doe. Please follow Jane's advice :wave: if she does have babies make sure not to touch the nest, and be aware that she will only feed them once or twice a day and seem like she is ignoring them the rest of the time.

Back