• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Netty - Lymington Bunny - Back home safely

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Is at the vets today as she has a mass in he uterus, has lost weight and is still not eating for herself very well.

She's been on meds since she arrived as she's not been trying to eat much and poo has been very little and very infrequent.

So we have to intervene today as she isn't going to improve unless we do something more effective than pain relief and feeding her up.

She's being spayed and having a dental at the same time in the hope that it will relieve any pain she has been suffering, helping her to repair and begin to eat properly.

She is such a gently loving and attentive lady that she so deserves to make a brand new start and live a long and happy life away from her last three years of misery.

8thSept2010009.jpg

Last edited:
Sending Netty loads of vibes. Furby is at the vet today too for a dental and possible neuter (depending on how he does under the GA).

I hope they both recover well and can live the happy lives they deserve being able to be proper bunnies, doing bunny things.

Leaving them is horrible isn't it Helen? I felt like I was abandoning Furby and am so on edge hoping he will be OK.

xxxx

Sending Netty loads of vibes. Furby is at the vet today too for a dental and possible neuter (depending on how he does under the GA).

I hope they both recover well and can live the happy lives they deserve being able to be proper bunnies, doing bunny things.

Leaving them is horrible isn't it Helen? I felt like I was abandoning Furby and am so on edge hoping he will be OK.

xxxx

Yes it absolutely is. Her big eyes just watch the whole time and it was terrible handing her over to the vet nurse.

I don't know if I am luckier than you Karen or not because I work at the vets and know exactly what happens from here on in - I'll be in at work from 12pm at a different surgery. It's a mixed blessing.

I'll be thinking about Furby and Netty and lets hope that 'nature' will take good care of them. I think that their spirits will see them through - they are very happy rabbits, and in light of where they came from, that in itself is totally amazing.

Hugsx

Oh no poor Netty! I was lucky enough to meet her yesterday and she is an amazing bunny. Sending her loads of vibes that she will soon be painfree.

Thinking of you too Helen.

Sending vibes for Netty and Furby, hopefully it will all go well and they will be felling much better soon.

I will be in the same boat on Wednesday as that is when Busty Babs is booked in for her spay and dental :?

Just had confirmation that Netty has got through the ops fine and is recovering. She was first on the ops list so I don't have to worry for the whole day thank goodness.

Whatever happens next will be is a bonus so long as she's come through this part. She's such a brave rabbit.

I'll find out more from the vet about what he found when I pick her up this evening.

Hope Furby does as well.

:shock: wow such a pretty girlie and she looks girlie too, i just love huge big brown eyes so expressionate

hoooooooge vibes

Just had confirmation that Netty has got through the ops fine and is recovering. She was first on the ops list so I don't have to worry for the whole day thank goodness.

Whatever happens next will be is a bonus so long as she's come through this part. She's such a brave rabbit.

I'll find out more from the vet about what he found when I pick her up this evening.

Hope Furby does as well.

Oh thank goodness, shes such a pretty girly :love:

Oh I hope Furby is ok too :shock:

I'm glad Netty came through the op OK. Furby did too:) I will let him know about Netty (despite the fact he is deaf:))

Is Netty home with you now? It's so wonderful collecting them and seeing their little faces:):):)

I'm glad Netty came through the op OK. Furby did too:) I will let him know about Netty (despite the fact he is deaf:))

Is Netty home with you now? It's so wonderful collecting them and seeing their little faces:):):)

It sure is.

The good news was that Netty's teeth weren't as bad as at first thought (although she did have a dental to tidy them up), but the bad news was that she had a carcinoma in her uterus which in places was about 4cm across. No wonder she was in pain and didn't want to eat - plus the weight loss too could be attributed to this. The good thing about this was that it doesn't appear to have spread out of the uterus itself, so hopefully she'll be on the mend soon and will look forward to a long and happy life ahead.

Am I relieved? Am I heck!

Loads of vibes for Nettypoos. Glad her teeth weren't so bad and I hope she is more comfortable now the horrible lump has been removed x hope the beautiful girly perks up soon x

Loads of vibes for Nettypoos. Glad her teeth weren't so bad and I hope she is more comfortable now the horrible lump has been removed x hope the beautiful girly perks up soon x

Thanks Ems

She's going to be a handful now I think - she's already showing the signs, which is wonderful.

Back