• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mould!

Candiflare

Mama Doe
We have a big mould problem at the moment, in the house and in the bunny shed...

In the house, some idiot installed a wooden beam next to the shower, so there is mould growing all over that... then in the shed, some of the water on the hay on the floor has caused a big growth of mould in the corner that I can't get to.

So being obsessively worried about the health of my bunnies, I went out last night and shone a spotlight into the shed and cleaned all the mould out and now this morning I'm really chesty and can't stop coughing!

Buns seem fine so far..

But is there anything I can do?

If i remember rightly, Mould contains spores which can actually be toxic, i would be calling the doctors or perhaps maybe NHS direct to get some advice?

Their number is 0845 46 47 (yes, thats right, its short, odd eh? only called it last night so i know its right).

Thanks Graham!

Hear you're not too well yourself at the moment...

wait for the relief when you get to the emegency dentist... hopefully you won't need a root canal...

Thanks Graham!

Hear you're not too well yourself at the moment...

wait for the relief when you get to the emegency dentist... hopefully you won't need a root canal...

Let us know how you get on. We have a mould issue in the corner of the house we rent, the corners down by the patio doors at the back of the house where the cold outside is against the warm inside - its get really green - panelled off so Biccy can't get to it as it scares me something wrotten.

Indeed, trying to keep typing to keep my mind off the pain and working as hard as i can. It's not working too well right now :roll:

Mould in bunny sheds is *usually* caused by lack of ventilation. Make sure you leave a window partially open at all times if there aren't enough air vents (obv you'll need to mesh over the window opening if you do this though)

Mould in bunny sheds is *usually* caused by lack of ventilation. Make sure you leave a window partially open at all times if there aren't enough air vents (obv you'll need to mesh over the window opening if you do this though)

You're right, I am always leaving it closed because I'm so paranoid about foxes :( It has glass windows. My OH is always leaving the door open to let the air in, but I just can't take that risk... I'll have to think of something else, like what you suggested.

Back