• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rehomed: RSPCA Walsall - Pumpkin - Special Needs

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Pumpkin is a 16 week old male bunny. He was born here in care, his mummy came to us pregnant. Pumpkin has had runny eyes since he was around 4 weeks old and has had lots of different treatment with no joy. Pumpkin has cataracts in his eyes, so he cant see much :( This means he will need to go to a home where things wont be moved, if hes in a hutch things will need to be kept in the same place, same for if he goes as an indoor bun. Pumpkin also has spurs on his back molars, meaning he is probably going to be a dental bunny too :(

Pumpkin is a fiesty little lad. He was neutered yesterday, and will be vaccinated against Myxi before leaving us. Pumpkin gets scared easily because of his lack of sight. You have to speak to Pumpkin on arrival, once hes in your arms he will sit for a cuddle, but getting him can be a problem as he has been known to lunge etc :( i think this is purely fright from not being able to see properly :(

whitespotginger1.jpg

whitespotginger.jpg

Can you offer Pumpkin the forever home he deserves? Please contact me via PM on here or you can leave a message on 0845 272 3570 :) x

Last edited:
aaaaawh bless him - he is so handsome & sweet - I do hope he finds a forever home soon....
Sounds like he would go well with Trinket or Bangle who are also shortsighted & are females and need forever homes!:love::love::love:

Pumpkin has had some photos taken today :) Hes now 21 weeks old

S7001593.jpg

S7001597.jpg

:love: Hes such a friendly little lad. His fosterer currently has him indoors and hes come on so much. He loves a cuddle :love: x

Hes off for his myxi vaccinaton tomorrow, i hope the vet will vaccinate him this time :? Paws crossed for the little fella.

He would make an excellent single house bun :love: x

:love::love: Awww bless little pumpkin! x

He looks like a baby version of my Frasier. Rabbits with bad eyesigt doesn't deter them from having a full life - just ask Bunnyaddict. Also my Frasier was born with deformed eyelids so his eyesight isn't great but it doesn't stop him being rabbity in any way.

Have spoken with my vet about Pumpkin. They are willing to provide on going care for his eyes and can do the bun dentals he needs at a price I can pay. I doubt any insurance would cover a chronic pre-existing condition.....going to meet him on Weds' as long as the weather behaves itself.

Here's hoping Teasel may think either Pumpkin or Tiny Tim or even better both have what it is she is really looking for.

Male, someones whose ears need grooming, someone to get into mischief with, scrounge noms, tear under my feet and snooze with etc..

Just hoping we do not end up with a replay of when Doodee meet Wally.:shock:

Now its up to the buns.;)

[She was part of a bonded trio twice before and each time was top bun so this might just might be possible to pull together]

:lol:

Is no longer available as he has just come home with me.
Gorgeous but bless him a little daft.

Teasel thinks he has what it takes but it will take a while for them to settle down as BOTH think they are top bun and Pumpkin blundered around trying to let Teasel know HE was in charge in her house -she did not agree- so they are side by side in parallel cages in my kitchen nomming hay. There is no real aggresion as they do like each other its just they cannot agree with each other that the other bun is in charge.:lol:

Back