• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

pellets

Domino27

Mama Doe
Can buns go off pellets?? Mine is going through stasis jabs atm and she turns her nose up at pellets now. All she wants to eat is strawberry leaves, celery leaves and goes mental for mint leaves...

My friend's rabbit went off his pellets for no apparent reason earlier this year. I don't think they took any action, as he was still nomming his greens and went back on the pellets in a few days. Maybe you would get a more knowledgable reply if you put a post in the Diet section of Rabbit Care Discussion. :wave:

Alvin does during stasis :wave::wave: thats how i know hes having a slow down he only has a mouthful then goes to his hay instead.

i think buns know thered ****** all fibre in pellets so eat the stuff they are designed to eat, ie brambles, hawthorn, hay, rose leaves (probably a million other high fibre low nutrient stuff out there too) :D

Alvin does during stasis :wave::wave: thats how i know hes having a slow down he only has a mouthful then goes to his hay instead.

i think buns know thered ****** all fibre in pellets so eat the stuff they are designed to eat, ie brambles, hawthorn, hay, rose leaves (probably a million other high fibre low nutrient stuff out there too) :D

Thanks...she hardly eats any but when I wave mint and corriander in front of her face she goes mental for it. My other bun has put on weight eating her food...lol he;s now on a diet..!!

My friend's rabbit went off his pellets for no apparent reason earlier this year. I don't think they took any action, as he was still nomming his greens and went back on the pellets in a few days. Maybe you would get a more knowledgable reply if you put a post in the Diet section of Rabbit Care Discussion. :wave:

Ah yes, I forget about different sections! :roll:

its always worth getting the teeth checked if the hay eating is suffering too. if its just pellets then all i can say is smart bunny lots of herbs for you :lol::lol:

its always worth getting the teeth checked if the hay eating is suffering too. if its just pellets then all i can say is smart bunny lots of herbs for you :lol::lol:

She wasn't a massive hay eater anyway, shes had her teeth checked and he said they weren't perfectly in line but were fine and no swelling or soreness found so....guess its lots of herbs and leaves for her from now on!!

She wasn't a massive hay eater anyway, shes had her teeth checked and he said they weren't perfectly in line but were fine and no swelling or soreness found so....guess its lots of herbs and leaves for her from now on!!

i have found with Alvin the more leaves he gets the happier his tummy feels so in turn he drinks more and eats loads more hay than he did before too. its amazing and its all thanks to Thumper's mum (thumps_) :love::love::love::love:

i have found with Alvin the more leaves he gets the happier his tummy feels so in turn he drinks more and eats loads more hay than he did before too. its amazing and its all thanks to Thumper's mum (thumps_) :love::love::love::love:

Just weird how she's gone from loving the pellets to yeah but gimme something else.....got them outside today as for once it's not raining! Not cut the grass for ages so he's Nomming away like no tomorrow and she's nibbled a bit but prefers being hand fed mint etc lol

Just weird how she's gone from loving the pellets to yeah but gimme something else.....got them outside today as for once it's not raining! Not cut the grass for ages so he's Nomming away like no tomorrow and she's nibbled a bit but prefers being hand fed mint etc lol

sounds like shes managing her own diet just fine :love::love:

Back