• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lying down a lot

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I am not sure if I need to be worried about Jims...

The past couple of days he has been lying down a lot more than usual, he is still himself in every other way, still eating, drinking, pooping and weeing.

Should I be worried or not?

If you are worried, it is best to get him checked out by the vet to be on the safe side.

I agree
There is no way that we can say if there is a problem or not so if you remain concerned I'd get him checked over by the Vet.

If you have put your central heating on these last few days he may be lying down more as he is a bit too warm, but as I say, without examining him no-one can really say for sure :)

I have spoken to the vets and we have moved their joint appointment forward to next Wednesday so we can check him over then, obviously if he needs to go earlier we will.

Yeah they make you paranoid.. but if in doubt may as well get it checked out.

Have you fed broccoli? My rabbit was on the quiet side and i read that broccoli can cause gas which rabbits have no way of releasing. I stopped feeding him it and he went back to normal. Could have been coincidence.

Hope all is ok

Dan

i know bisc's got gas when he lies down alot. matt lies down more when warm. but i agree, vets is best just to check. :wave:

Yeah they make you paranoid.. but if in doubt may as well get it checked out.

Have you fed broccoli? My rabbit was on the quiet side and i read that broccoli can cause gas which rabbits have no way of releasing. I stopped feeding him it and he went back to normal. Could have been coincidence.

Hope all is ok

Dan

Nope, no broccoli, they are on a very much 'Natural based' diet as much as possible.
He appears to be back to his normal self now, but we will still keep the appointment for Wednesday to get them both checked over.

Back