• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Archies just had a fall!

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
I just went out to give the bunnies their teas. Archie and Blanche did their usual "we're starving" routine, running around, periscoping etc. I usually give them their teas and then they each get cuddles.

This time however Archie decided to literally jump up and into my arms before being fed. Since I wasn't expecting it my arm, which he was jumping on to, gave way and left him crashing to the floor :shock: Luckily he seems to be okay, bit startled at first but then a few thumps later he was trying to climb up my legs. I hope he's alright though, it could have been a lot worse since he was on the second level of their hutch. I might have to re-think my feeding routine now!

I really wasn't expecting him to want a cuddle that badly :lol:

Aww, bless him. :love: Hope he's OK. My bunny HATES cuddles, although he does like attention and being petted - as long as all four paws are firmly on the ground. Did you have Archie as a baby? Seems like he loves you a lot! :love:

Aww, bless him. :love: Hope he's OK. My bunny HATES cuddles, although he does like attention and being petted - as long as all four paws are firmly on the ground. Did you have Archie as a baby? Seems like he loves you a lot! :love:

He used to hate being picked up and was the worse out of the lot. I think he's now "maturing" as a bunny though and has suddenly become very loveable. I got him from P@H before I discovered RU and all about rescues etc when he was only eight weeks old. :love:

I like to think it's because he loves me, in reality it's probably because he was just eager to get to the food before Blanche :lol: I'm really hoping he'll be okay, he seems to be hoping fine but I really freak out when it comes to things like this!

I think having a bunny as a baby can make a differnece to the way they bond with their human. I adopted Spenser when he was 7 months old, so he was fully grown. He had been well-cared for, but not much handled as his previous owner had poor health. I'm hoping he learns to trust me a bit more. It's quite funny, though, the way he shakes his paws when liberated, and immediately starts to wash the taint of human paws off his fur.:lol::lol::lol:

I've come to the conclusion that bunnies don't have much self-preservation instinct when jumping and climbing lol! Merlin perches far too high on the settee back for my liking!

Back