• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do you say sorry to your buns...

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
...and other random things that pop into my head whilst cleaning out!!

Well, Do you?

I found my self thinking the wouldn't understand the words, but surely that in the grand scheme of karma that people should say sorry to their animals, just as they would to another person.

Too much time on my hands I think!!

I say sorry to my buns and my dog. And if I have to do something, like it's time for the buns to go in, I tell them what's happening and why :oops:.

I ask them how they are feeling and questions about their day too, :oops:, but so far they've not answered :lol:.

My neighbours think I'm mad!!

Yes, I talk to my buns like they are people and I'm sure they can understand what I'm feeling if not the full words. Once I even said to them 'my fellow bunnies' which takes things to a slightly different level :lol:

yes i talk to the buns and chippies... they are the only other living souls in this house so its better than talking to myself :lol::lol::lol:

alvin is deaf, holly isnt my friend stella hates me but bud listens as long as i give him a piece of apple :love:

Yep! I'm glad we live in the middle of nowhere as I chat to the bunnies all the time. I like to think it's soothing for them to hear my voice!
I did say sorry to all of them earlier, as I had to give them all Lapizole
Something along the lines of
" Sorry my beautiful, I know it's not nice but it'll be all over soon.....who's beautiful/ handsome... what a good girl/ boy!:oops:

Yep! I'm glad we live in the middle of nowhere as I chat to the bunnies all the time. I like to think it's soothing for them to hear my voice!
" Sorry my beautiful, I know it's not nice but it'll be all over soon.....who's beautiful/ handsome... what a good girl/ boy!:oops:

when alvin comes downstairs for a visit i say "oh hello my gorgeous boy"

obviously he dont hear me tho :oops::oops:

I say that when it's Panacur time!

I talk to them whenever I see them, and am always telling them how much I love them. They're my little boys, after all! :love:

Of course I say sorry. I speak to them all the time and actually say hi to all the little ones when I get in. I could have a whole conversation with the buns and in my head they talk to each other aswell. Ppl most think we are mad when we are out in the garden chatting away to them. I like to think they understand. :)

yep - I always talk to them. OH laughs at me, but sometimes I hear him chatting to them too when he thinks I'm not listening. hehe.

I sometimes tell my bunnies off (not shouting and in jest only) they seem think when I clean them out its fun to jump in the bag and nibble the brush.. I also make up songs when i'm sitting with them..:lol:

Of course - thought everyone did. They are right outside my back door so I chat to them every time I go outside. My morning routine is to put pot of coffee to brew then sort out the buns' veg from the fridge, put the timer on so they warm up for 15 mins. I then go outside, at which point they all run to me (buns, not veg), and I say 'nearly there, just warming up - another few minutes'. Yes, I know I'm mad. I'm always chatting to my 2 cats and (even more strange, perhaps) I chat to next door's lovebird who I've been looking after for over a year and resides in my living room. Oh, and everybody gets 'good morning beautiful' .

Yes, think this sums me up - except I'm possibly/probably nicer to them than to people!

Me too!!

Lucky wakes me up by banging his food bowl on the floor and when i'm in the kitchen i shout "i'll be there now" - but i think he hears me and when i talk to him, i am sure he listens.

ETA: I always say sorry to him - especially when cleaning him out and especially when i've nearly fallen over him because he likes trying to trip me up!! :lol:

I go into great long explanations as to what I'm doing and why for my sicky Holly pig. :oops: :lol:

Of course! I always tell them about my day and ask them how theirs was, oh and tell them how silly they are when i'm trying to clean them out and they're in the way, i talk to them about anything actually :lol::love:

Back