• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunniless newbie

dizzyg

Warren Veteran
Hello,

I found this forum from a link on the guinea pig forum. I am currently bunn and piggieless because I live in a studio flat and would want to give a small creature enough space to run.

My RBB bunns are:

Jasmine: a beautiful, docile Dutch we had from birth who lived with a guinea called Gladstone. Poor Jasmine had maligned teeth and while we did everything we could for her, she had to be pts aged about 2.

Schumi: Schumi (short for Schumacher, we like grand prix in our house!) was 9 months old when we bought him as a friend for Gladstone who was in mourning. Schumi had been left in a garden centre because his Dutch markings were diagonal, so he wasn't perfect. Schumi lived until he was 12 years old, in spite of slightly maligned teeth (he had some out when he was 10, but continued to chomp merrily on his water-softened dried food) and an awful case of flystrike. He was a lovely, chilled out bunny and is still greatly missed.

Eddie: Eddie (Irvine) was an old english spot and one of those 'oh my word we can't leave him' bunnies. We found him in a garden centre aged 6 months. He'd been left there because he had helicopter ears and wasn't 'perfect'. Obviously, he came home with us! Eddie and Schumi didn't ever bond, and Eddie was never really that tame (he was a bit of a grunter, cute though!) we just accepted him and let him do what he liked really. It felt cruel to try and turn him into a lap-bun because he used to get SO distressed when he was picked up. In his later life, Eddie had cataracts but still enjoyed the whole run of the garden and his food. Our pretty little grumpy bun is so missed!

Anyway, that's my story. I love bunnies and piggies and can't wait to have the space for a menagerie. One day...

Anyway. Hi! Looking forward to looking at beautiful bun pictures.

:love:

Hope you can soon keep a bunny again. In the meantime, you'll find plenty lovely bunny photos to admire on RU! :wave:

Back