• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Patch is back from the vets after having his teeth rasped and being neutered- Horray!

Ambience

Warren Veteran
I didn't really think he would make it given how negative the vet was about it all. Fortunately the vet was happy to neuter patch today, so he can be bonded with one of my other buns soon. I hope that blaze is going to be able to get done shortly- they both have the same eye problems, so i think as someone mentioned on the forum - it would be helpful with there tear ducts.

On arrive home patch struggled to use his water bottle, so i've put him a bowl out. He has eaten already, and he seemed lively on coming back from the vets. I've been given some baytril. I wonder how uncomfortable it is going to be for me to administer it when he has been neutered and will be uncomfortable down there, and also when his teeth are in pain.

I plan to just pick him up in a towel and squirt the baytril in his mouth, but i wonder if i'd be better letting him lick it off his lips than allow myself anywhere near his teeth, so not to cause any unneccessary pain. Any advice on this would be appreciated?

I have him next to my other buns who are bonding, so he has some company to help him through the recovery process, even if he doesn't have a bonded partner yet. Very much looking forward to getting him a friend. He really deserves it, bless his heart. He has suffered more than a year with problems, so it would be nice for him to have some comfort.

Anyways, i hope anyone would be so kind as to send vibes for patch healing quickly. He has been through alot today.

Thankyou xxx

Tell patch were all thinking of him, and blowing bunny kisses for a speedy recovery.
My girlies are off for their pre op check (for neutering) tommorow and im really worried to. Still I know it has to be done.

Tell patch were all thinking of him, and blowing bunny kisses for a speedy recovery.
My girlies are off for their pre op check (for neutering) tommorow and im really worried to. Still I know it has to be done.

I will :) aww thankyou xx Patch is very very grateful! I think he wants to be back outside again, he likes it out eating grass and enjoying the sunshine.

Lots of vibes for your girlies. My girls recovered really quickly. Sounds like you will be okay if you have more than one going in at the same time. They do help each other :) xxxx

Furby is going in for a dental tomorrow and, if he is OK under the GA, a neuter. I am already worrying:(

So glad Patch is home and safe and you can spoil him now. Give him a nose rub from me xxx

Furby is going in for a dental tomorrow and, if he is OK under the GA, a neuter. I am already worrying:(

So glad Patch is home and safe and you can spoil him now. Give him a nose rub from me xxx

All these vibes must be helping- he is eating ears up looking round happy xx doesn't look in pain_ definately pooing , not sure about peeing. Will have to wait for evidence of that. Snuggling in his towels eating herbs and pellets:) also drinking from the water bottle now . Quick recovery- I don't think my others were this lively. I do still dread doing his antibiotics tonight- I'm reluctant to stress him with them.

Gave him a nose rub and lots of kisses, he is very bright and even grooming himselve despite his runny eyes still looking terrible.

He is a fighter I think xxXxxxxx

All these vibes must be helping- he is eating ears up looking round happy xx doesn't look in pain_ definately pooing , not sure about peeing. Will have to wait for evidence of that. Snuggling in his towels eating herbs and pellets:) also drinking from the water bottle now . Quick recovery- I don't think my others were this lively. I do still dread doing his antibiotics tonight- I'm reluctant to stress him with them.

Gave him a nose rub and lots of kisses, he is very bright and even grooming himselve despite his runny eyes still looking terrible. Hope your babys ga and dental and neuter go ok xx

He is a fighter I think xxXxxxxx

Back