• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yay ... I can pick up my bunny again!

susie bun

Wise Old Thumper
After two months of not being able to lift Spenser (due to a broken arm) I can now lift up my big handsome boy again. :D:D:D:D It has to be said that the hold lasted for about 5 seconds, before frantic struggling obliged me to put him down. :roll::roll: He is now sulking in his tunnel! :evil: It will be a long time, I fear, before I can actually carry him anywhere with safety. The carry-box will definitely not be put to the back of a cupboard.

Yay for you! :)

5 seconds is Biccy's limit too :lol:

Thanks Graham.:wave: I managed rather more than 5 seconds with my friend's little mini-lop this morning - about 10, I think. :roll: I'm so excited about it, and will have to come down to earth to do some tutoring in 15 minutes. :( Still, it pays for Spenser's keep. :love: Took some new photos of him today, which I'll be puting on later.

awhhh..i'm pleased for you!! i know how good it felt when i could get in my bunny shed after 6 weeks on crutches!! I'm sure Spenser was just playing hard to get:lol:

Mine always travel by carrier even for short distances - they hate being held, and wriggle to much, so they insist upon the carrier :lol:

Haha yay! :p Maybe he thinks it's your fault for breaking your arm and the reason he's not been getting any cuddles. xD

Allie seems to enjoy being held, no troubles picking her up, probably as she's been handled regularly since she was a baby, although about five minutes on your lap and she's bored and wants to explore. ;)

Actually, Spenser wasn't entirely innocent regarding my injury - I tripped over a step when Iwas rushing to get him a treat! :lol::lol::lol:

thats great you can finally hold him again, even if he is not soo keen :lol:

hows your hand movements now, my little finger i still can't bend it fully and it hurts everymorning i wake up, i tend to sleep with my hand under pillow and my head

thats great you can finally hold him again, even if he is not soo keen :lol:

hows your hand movements now, my little finger i still can't bend it fully and it hurts everymorning i wake up, i tend to sleep with my hand under pillow and my head

I've got full movement of my arm, but not quite full strength. I expected weeks of physio, but don't need any. It's got better much quicker than my other broken arm although the actual break was worse this time. I've been eating lots of calcium foods to help the healing, and I take one of those multivitmain pills that claims to have everything in it. Not picking Spenser up all summer was such a worry as I couldn't do fly-strike checks. Neither of my parents can pick him up - Dad tried once, but Spenser bit him!

Back