• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone near Upminster on Sunday this week

Santa

Wise Old Thumper
:wave: Come and say hello! Lou (Louise and Gus), Jill (Bunnylover177) and I will be manning a stall at the Wylie & Partners veterinary practice (Hall Lane, near the A127) open day. We will be fundraising for the Rabbit Residence Rescue and raising awareness of the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign :)

William Lewis the exotics vet will also be there if you want to meet him too.

So if you are in the area, between 2-5pm, do please come along to say hello...and to hook a duck, do the tombola, name the bunny, guess how many poos are in the jar, buy some cakes, etc etc...

I just had to google Upminster to see where it is :oops: I didn't have a clue :oops:

Hope it all goes well and you raise a good amount for Caroline :)

The jar is filled with the finest specimens. Trouble is, they're so fine that they keep crumbling. I might have to change it into 'guess how many poos were in the jar before they crumbled away into a load of powder' :lol:

The jar is filled with the finest specimens. Trouble is, they're so fine that they keep crumbling. I might have to change it into 'guess how many poos were in the jar before they crumbled away into a load of powder' :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: Does the lucky winner get the jar of powdered poo?

Mmm... wish I could make it, as I'm loving the idea of gingerbread bunnies. They might be too cute to eat though...

:wave: Hi, it was nice to meet you all yesterday, the cakes were yummy and Phoebe is enjoying her hay. :D

I had a chat with her about George she seemed very interested could you send me his photo so I can show her. :love:

Thank you

:wave: It went well, thanks :D It was our first 'event' so we learnt a lot (not least to get better organised further in advance :lol:) and now know to keep a look out on freecycle for things such as display boards and leaflet holders. Hopefully if we have a set of stuff that we use every time it should get more straightforward to arrange them in the future.

We raised £125.15 for the Rabbit Residence Rescue which we are really chuffed with, and also spent a good amount of time talking to various people about aspects of rabbit care. I'm sure Jill won't mind me saying that it was really Louise, as the team's token extrovert, who was probably the most active in engaging people in conversation and giving them leaflets and advice, although Jill did too and I probably did a little bit while inbetween eating cake :lol:

A woman from the local RSPCA came over and took a wadge of Make Mine Chocolate! leaflets to take back to put in their clinic too :)

Wow - that's great news! :) I'd like to give a little donation too (since I couldn't come and buy any cakes!), although am guessing I can do it direct on the website.

Last edited:
Back