• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mae u/d post 6

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
has lost yet more weight after putting it on :cry:
I am going to try and get her into the vets tomorow, I'm so worried about my little girl :cry:

Last edited:
Have you tried porridge? I was recommended this with my Vin who had EC and really struggled to put on weight.

I've just fed her, I noticed a week ago I think it was that one side of her mouth the fur was wet, but I assumed she had just had a drink.
Ive looked today and she was wet all under one side of her chin aswell :cry:
I've also noticed she doesnt place her right front paw (the same side) down properly :?
My first thought was mini stroke, but I'm a worrywart :roll:

vet ruled out teeth, i took her on the 2nd because i thought it was her teeth, she had tiny spurs which the vet delt with anyway and did a blood test which showed only slightly raised protein levels and he wasnt worried :?

thankyou x

i guess x-rays would be the next step :( hope you find out what it is soon, nothing worse than knowing something is up but not knowing what :cry::cry:

thats better than a full GA then, im not sure she'd do very well under a full one :(

thanks Susie

Pearl would of died for sure under a GA, her heart was already knackered. i cant remember if it was a standard or if the vet did it that way to ease my worries about what i beleived to be a very sick rabbit having a GA. i was right tho to be worried.

go with your gut on this hun and make sure you voice ANY concerns you have

thanks i will, if he wants to sedate her it needs to be as light as possible :( he even said he was worried when he put her under for a dental :shock: he's a brilliant vet though, i have total confidence in him :)

Back