• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update on new vet & the best veg to feed when on depocillin?

Some of you might have read my previous "so relieved" thread about going to see a new vet after the hassle ive had with Marske Vets since James Haddow left.

Anyway, they were GREAT! Everything from the way she handled the bunnys and the treatment she provided (we had choices!! :) :lol:) to the price.

We came back with enough depocillin to last a week, 0.3ml alternate days. She was really gentle with them, used a towel instead of pinning them down and even gave them cuddles after! :lol: :love: I cant believe the difference between the two, i feel like she genuinely cared about what i had to say too.

Were going back for another course after this one, she said she would rather get on top of it that way than give one injection each week because the action of the antibiotics starts to wear off after a couple of days.

Veggies?
I really dont want them to get diarrhoea while they are on the depocillin injections so ive cut carrot, apple and extra treats out for now and added some dandelion herbage with their hay. What veggies are the best to feed to keep the chances of them having the runs to a minimum?

Ive only been feeding spring greens on an evening and putting spinach into their veggie ball. Its a bit boring though because they usually get 2 or 3 from the following list.

celery
broccoli
raddish
dandelion greens
green bell peppers
rocket
spinach
carrot
cauliflower greens

Im doing my veggie shopping later so would like to make a list :)

:wave: with the exception of cutting out the sugary bits as you have already said, I would just stick to normal routine as much as possible - changes to normal routine is just as likely to upset the guts as anything else.

Do you have any probiotics to give alongside the penicillin?

:wave: with the exception of cutting out the sugary bits as you have already said, I would just stick to normal routine as much as possible - changes to normal routine is just as likely to upset the guts as anything else.

Do you have any probiotics to give alongside the penicillin?

No, only something similar to cirtical care that has probiotic in it, its not worth forcefeeding to them since theyre still hapily munching away on whatever i give them.

So are all the foods on my list ok to buy? Im not planning on changing anything, just temporarily removing the sugary ones. It wont bother them because they have quite a varied diet. :)

Every bun reacts differently to stuff but I would cut out the carrot and peppers because they will be sugary and maybe also the radish. I don't know enough about radish biology to know if they are sugary but as they are a rooty thing, it wouldn't surprise me if they were. I would stick with the normal selection of green leafy-based thingies.

Every bun reacts differently to stuff but I would cut out the carrot and peppers because they will be sugary and maybe also the radish. I don't know enough about radish biology to know if they are sugary but as they are a rooty thing, it wouldn't surprise me if they were. I would stick with the normal selection of green leafy-based thingies.

:wave::D

Thank you soooo much Santa! i worry about them so much sometimes, i cant help it though. I only became a bunny mummy 2 years ago and since i got Dolly this year, shes caused a lot of trouble!! :lol: ... and lots of vet bills :roll:

:love::love:

Back