• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with house buns...

pigsforlife

Mama Doe
Is the bed off limits?

I am tempted to teach them how to get up there, but then they will be able to get to my bedside table and chew the cords (so will have to bunny proof that bit first). And if they know how to get up, do they jump on you at night?? I would be afraid to squash them in my sleep :shock:

This video is what has tempted me - http://www.youtube.com/user/spekkioxlv#p/u/6/O_XJss15fj0

(I love all of this persons videos! Their buns are so squishable :love: :lol: )

well two options one keep them off the bed two cover the cables

but IMO the bed is off limits as if they pee on it then its not going to smell good :shock:

I keep the upstairs (bedrooms and bathroom)off limits but he can use the stairs and hallway. Mainly because i dont want to lose him. :lol::lol: And i dont want to have to bunny proof the girls rooms everytime. TBH, he just likes the main living room and we generally keep the door closed.

Hi, yea some jump on you, some will wee on the bed, some will ignore it. Others will come for a cuddle or bite your toes. It's a case of trial and error :) get I waterproof nausess protector sized larger than the bed, put this on top of the made up bed. Then put a blanket over the top. That way if your bun wee's on the bed no damage done and you can make it off limits. I'd lift them onto the bed first to see wat they do before teaching them to get up there :)

my pair are welcome to the bed. i put an extra duvet on top of mine incase of pee. niether seem interested tho :( Pearl loved the bed tho :love::love:

Lucky only pees on the duvet when i'm laying under it on the sofa. It's his cue to get me up off my lazy bum! :D:D

My two are both toilet trained, and don't wee on the blankets in their cage so I don't *think* they would wee on my bed. I just have to bunny proof the cords.

My two are both toilet trained, and don't wee on the blankets in their cage so I don't *think* they would wee on my bed. I just have to bunny proof the cords.

Holly is toilet trained but i was washing my duvet at 11pm one night when she discovered my bed... she peed twice and hasnt since :? maybe she smelled Pearl but half of me thinks its this dominance battle she has set up with me :(

would be a good idea to put some sort of cover over just incase :D:D

Holly is toilet trained but i was washing my duvet at 11pm one night when she discovered my bed... she peed twice and hasnt since :? maybe she smelled Pearl but half of me thinks its this dominance battle she has set up with me :(

would be a good idea to put some sort of cover over just incase :D:D

Yes I probably will. Thanks for the tip :) I can't believe they haven't worked out how to get up there themselves. It isn't all that high, and I am certain even little Charlee could clear it.

Biscuit didn't need training to jump on the bed :roll::lol:

He ran up the stairs one night when i was trying to leave the living room and got up there, ran under the bed, out the other side and just jumped up on it and then just flooped next to my pillow.

Then proceeded to stand up, periscope then get comfy and left a mound of poop and a nice little wet patch :oops::evil: :lol:

He's not allowed upstairs at all now :lol::lol::lol:

My Peter jumps on the bed himself. He doesn't wee but he does persistantly dig which can be very annoying. He also bites the bedding whereas he never bites or chews anything else. I think he tries to make a burrow out of the nice squishy duvet and pillows. He's locked in his cage at night but if I'm watching TV in my bedroom on an evening I normally have to put him off the bed again and again and again!!

My Peter jumps on the bed himself. He doesn't wee but he does persistantly dig which can be very annoying. He also bites the bedding whereas he never bites or chews anything else. I think he tries to make a burrow out of the nice squishy duvet and pillows. He's locked in his cage at night but if I'm watching TV in my bedroom on an evening I normally have to put him off the bed again and again and again!!

Ooo you just reminded me that Noah can be a chewer! He is usually pretty good but a couple of their blankets have holes in them. I am thinking twice about it now - just thought it would be a neat idea and would give them a little more space to play in. Maybe not :lol: Will see what I can do :D

My bunnies aren't allowed in the bedrooms because they aren't bunny proofed, but once Akpo managed to get in because the OH didn't click the door shut properly and she was under the bed for ages, it was so funny watching him crawling around trying to get her out. Akpo used to go upstairs and scratch at the doors but she doesn't seem to bother anymore. Alfie can't make it up the stairs though, bless him. :love: I'd love to have my bunnies cuddling on my bed though.

My bunnies aren't allowed in the bedrooms because they aren't bunny proofed, but once Akpo managed to get in because the OH didn't click the door shut properly and she was under the bed for ages, it was so funny watching him crawling around trying to get her out. Akpo used to go upstairs and scratch at the doors but she doesn't seem to bother anymore. Alfie can't make it up the stairs though, bless him. :love: I'd love to have my bunnies cuddling on my bed though.

I can imagine it being a nightmare trying to coax her out from under the bed! We have NIC grids that run around the base of my bed - so it stops them from getting underneath. As they have free range of my room as well as their home base in my room, most of it is bun proofed. Just have to work on the bedside table a little!

I would estimate that my bed + mattress is about 70-75cm above ground; those little nethies in that video in my first post could easily clear that. Maybe my two are just lazy bums :roll::lol:

It was interesting to find this thread, as only last night while getting ready for bed and rummaging around for my book to have a quiet read, I found my 11 week old Dutch/Dwarf bunny-Suki-sitting on my bed as bold as brass!!:lol:

She's very small and so quick, I had no idea she'd found her way into the bedroom in the first place! It seemed so odd to see her there, just sitting looking back at me!:shock::lol:

I only ever allow my two into the bedroom if I am there to supervise. I don't mind but know that they do tend to wee on something if they decide an area is 'Theirs' I don't fancy sleeping in a soggy bed!;)

Marshmallow finally figured out how to jump on my bed on Tuesday and he loves it up their especially when I am in bed. Last night he did a happy flopped by my feet and got himself all snuggled. I think he though my feet were another bunny :lol:.

Hopper jumped on my bed straight away and he was a baby Nethie at the time, he marked the Duvet a couple of times (wiped it straight away so their was no smell) and never did it again but he prefered it when I wasn't on it. :cry:

Oidhche has been on the bed but isn't allowed as such, I wouldn't encourage her as I really don't fancy having to wash the whole duvet. Plus if it soaks through to the mattress you're really in trouble. She's banned from the bedroom when we're not in as there are too many dangers about.

The whole bedroom is off-limits to my two. It's the only room that has carpet and is also a dumping ground for everything I can't put in the living room in order to bunny-proof it! I'm worried about the day when they manage to jump onto the sofa (which I don't think is far off!) - if they ever got on my bed it would be a nightmare what with the weeing, pooing, digging and chewing!

Back