• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ebony for dental tomo..

silverrabbit

Mama Doe
... Wouldn't mind but she nearly died under anaesthetic when she was spayed. Was expecting bad teeth tbh as she came with 4 others who'd lived in a pet shop for 3 years, being used as breeding stock with no food, water or hay, just soaking woodchips and a TINY bit of straw :cry:

Barney, her husbun, has regular conscious dentals as he's so good and he's also dodgy under anaesthetic. Think his is more age though, he's at least 7/8 going by his dodderiness and victor meldrew look :lol:

So my poor baby :( vet says to minimise risks he will be giving her a very light sedation with gas instead of full blown GA, and will get a shot of meds to keep her gut moving + fibreplex.

Could do with some good vibes, her husbunny would be distraught if he lost her (they are one of those close bonds that makes you cry with joy when you look at them :love: )

Lots of vibes. Is her husbun going to the vet to keep her company? Keep us posted with how she gets on. :wave:

Yeah he will go :) he pines for her if he can't see her in the garden, let alone be away from her :love:

Really hoping she will be ok, it's always worrying but esp because of her sensitivity :(

I'm sure Barney will snuggle her :love:

Aww, they sound a real loving couple.:love: I have a single bun, but he seems quite happy on his own. It sounds like you have a good vet. Best wishes to both buns for their journey tomorrow. :wave:

I wish things would go smoothly :(

Ebony came round ok from the very light anaesthetic, but is now not eating well. Syringe-feed time :cry:

I'm so drained MH wise atm, makes it so much harder to be a good rabbit nurse too!

Hope Ebony is nomming soon. I dread to think how I would cope if I had to syringe feed - my rabbit HATES being picked up and I can't imagine him being a good patient. Sending vibes. :wave:

Back