• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

: ( Indy's booked in for his ''snip''

smoo

Mama Doe
He's going on Monday and i'm a bit worried :cry::cry: as I'm brand new at this Bunny business can I get some advice on what to expect after and what to do. I've got a run set up right next to Luna's hutch ready to go.

Here are some more pictures as they are now 14 weeks :love:

041.jpg

026.jpg

015.jpg

008.jpg

006.jpg

005.jpg

Hmm off the top of my head...send him in with a little box of his normal food so he'll have something to eat when he wakes up (often the vets won't discharge them till they've eaten)

If he normally lives outdoors, it would be better to bring him inside for a little bit so you can keep a close eye on him. Ideally have him in a cage or pen lined with pale towels/sheets so you can easily spot if there's any bleeding. When you pick him up from the vets, have a look at his wound, so you know what it *should* look like, and check it twice daily once he's home in case he pulls his stiches.

Make sure they give you some pain relief for him. Imagine how you'd feel if you'd had your whatsits chopped off - you'd definitely want some painkillers, rabbits are just the same!

If he's not eating/pooing afterwards, phone the vet straight away.

Good luck :D I hope he does well. They are both adorable. :love::love:

Hmm off the top of my head...send him in with a little box of his normal food so he'll have something to eat when he wakes up (often the vets won't discharge them till they've eaten)

If he normally lives outdoors, it would be better to bring him inside for a little bit so you can keep a close eye on him. Ideally have him in a cage or pen lined with pale towels/sheets so you can easily spot if there's any bleeding. When you pick him up from the vets, have a look at his wound, so you know what it *should* look like, and check it twice daily once he's home in case he pulls his stiches.

Make sure they give you some pain relief for him. Imagine how you'd feel if you'd had your whatsits chopped off - you'd definitely want some painkillers, rabbits are just the same!

If he's not eating/pooing afterwards, phone the vet straight away.

Good luck :D I hope he does well. They are both adorable. :love::love:

Agreed :thumb:

Get some yummy herbs and treats in just incase he won't eat. Hopefully that should tempt him. I also had puppy pads to line the cage with so any blood would be noticeable straight away and it wouldn't stick to his wounds :)

Timmy was a bit out of sorts for 2days they give me no pain meds. I was worried about him. But he come on just fine. His wounds heald really quickly and so well. I had him in the house till late then put him in his hutch which is in a shed. I put vet bedding down cos wood shavings could get into the bits. I also used a micro wav bottle for only 1min in the micro wav and put a blanket around it.

I got two other boys that need to be done now but its a question of getting my hubby to aggree with it.

Do they live together currently?

If they do, I personally would be taking them both to the vets and having them kept together after his op :)

No experience, but I'm a big fan of your two and send vibes for both )it will probably be a difficult time for Luna too). Love the new pics - their ears have grown quite a bit.:love::love: Looks like they enjoy nomming! :wave:

Yeah they are getting so big.. My lie to my OH isn't going to work for too much longer... I told him they were dwarf but i'm not entirely convinced.

Personally I usually separate a pair when one has had an op so I can see exactly how much the poorly one is eating and pooing, otherwise it's hard to tell. Also, if Indy is already fertile, he will remain so for some time after his snip, so could still get Luna pregnant if left in with her.

Not much to add but good luck!! I was in bits when Lucky went in. He was fine though and just a little wobbly for a little bit after. xxxx

Back