• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is Blanche grooming or eating me?

youthnovels

Wise Old Thumper
Last night Blanche and Archie were having snuggle times on my bed. Blanche decided to come and flop out next to me and then started licking my hand like crazy, then followed by tiny little bites/nips. I couldn't work out if she was just licking the salt and vinegar off my hands from my earlier pack of crisps or if bunnies do kind of use their teeth to groom?

Discuss. :D

I had the same thought! April used to do that too! Now she tends to just lick my knees, but only when I have a certain pair of PJ bottoms on...

And also, if I'm eating something they find nommy, like a banana, they smell it and go crazy trying to get it off me.

On both occasions I just pretend they love me , not the trousers/banana...

:lol:

My Jose does this! She licks me and then every now and again she sort of 'scrape' me with her teeth :lol:

I know I am immature but this made me laugh ... trouser banana :lol::lol::lol:

:shock::lol::lol::lol::lol: Image of one long curved legged Pjs bottoms!:lol::lol::lol: in bright YELLOW!:lol::lol:

I think they do use their teeth abit in grooming...Ive had licks from Indiana & little gentle nips from Arrabella....does freak me abit though....what if the love-bite became a love-munch!
I just coooooooo at them either way...Im sure its looooooveeeee!:love::lol:

Biscuit does this if he's licking my hand and gets a bit vigorous and decideds a little hair is in the way so tries to 'pluck it' with his teeth :)

Biscuit does this if he's licking my hand and gets a bit vigorous and decideds a little hair is in the way so tries to 'pluck it' with his teeth :)

Our thumper does this. Unfortunately his favourite area is my nose. It bought tears to my eyes wen he scraped his teeth along my septum. And I don't have a hairy nose or boogers hanging lol he gets offended when he tries to wash up my nostril and I move away, bless him :)

:lol::lol::lol: We could book in some waxing with him!:lol::lol::lol:

You could try, it takes him aaaaaages to get used to someone new.

He licked my mother in law on tuesday bless him, she was all chuffed as normally, he stamps when she walks in and hides in his pen! :lol:

I think its an affection thing, my past bunnies, charlie and crystal, would grow each other, mainly charlie to crystal, but he would look as if he was biting her but i think he was just helping with malting etc.

She never flinched or ran away from him so i assume its a growing/affection thing

Also if it was something yummy, if your bunny is anything like mine she just bites the end of your finger off hahahaha

Back