• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The taming of Cookie - part 2

molly35

Mama Doe
Tonight I've been sitting in Cookies run talking to her and stroking her. I then tried to stroke her with 2 hands and she went to bite me so I kept stroking with one then eventually added the other hand. And I now have the biggest smile on my face :D SHE LET ME PICK HER UP only for a few seconds but she didn't try and bite at all. I don't want to push her so I've given her her tea (and she didn't lunge) and left her to it.

I feel like this is a totally different bun to the one I started with. I can't stop smiling

Its okay I don't mind that nobody cares that I feel I am helping towards getting an 'unrehomable' bun into a nice 'rehomable' bun!:(

You are helping.

Please don't feel disheartened - its very easy to miss threads, i do it all the time, especially if i don't have much time (Blackers will tell you otherwise:lol:).

I think its great what your doing and cookie is very lucky to have you looking after her and trying to make her a happy bunny (bad pun, i know!).

Congrats on the mini-pickup and strokage - you're making excellent progress :)

:wave: I'm new and not sure wot I'm doing so sometimes dnt comment incase someone thinks "wot does she know" lol

But from what I am learning about bunnies ur doing fanbloomingtastic!!!:love:

Sounds like your doing a great job :D

I also missed this thread earlier. It is very easy to do as I generally just quickly skim through.

Sorry I missed this last night - sounds like you're making great progress. I'll be resuming the PICKING UP battle soon. Spenser has had a summer of travelling from hutch to run by carrier because I broke my arm! The first lick is a real cause for celebration. :D:D:D

well done you

One of ours still isn't into being picked up, and she's 6! She'll come for nose-to-nose if you lie down in the rabbit garden, but she isn't one for stroking, and she has a grin and bear it approach to being picked up, but she expects you to take her to where she's going efficiently and then put her down pronto - not a cuddly bun. Even though her husbun is quite snuggly.

So to achieve what you have achieved in so short a time is amazing.

She is one lucky bun.

Well done! You've done better than I have! In two months, I still haven't had a lick :( And they still really don't like being picked up. But! They love strokes.

Also, I don't get to come on here as much as I'd like so easily miss threads.

Back