• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny grooming in Birmingham? To clean scent glands.

Just wondered if anyone knows of any places in Birmingham that groom rabbits? My newly adopted male has pee stains over his back legs, and I've tried cleaning them, but struggled slightly!!
Also wondering if they would clean out his scent glands? I've just seen videos on YouTube of how gunked up they can get and some posts on here saying how smelly they can be.
Asked my vet who said it's not something that's commonly done and to just make sure his bum is clean of poo.
I would try again but would rather someone who's used to doing it have a go!

Hmm...the vet clinic I take my buns to in NE Bham might be able to help with the wee. I used to take Alice from me on a frequent basis for a good clipping and darn good wash when she got into a heck of a state and beyond me on my own to clean. This was done by the two bun savvy animal nurses they have. Any problems with her skin being sore or torn was also treated by the vet at the same visit.

Has your bun been neutered?

[Alice would NOT eat any hay no matter what anyone tried]

I wouldn't bother trying to wash him out of his wee stains, I can vouch they will fall out when he has his next moult, thus taking the wee stained fur out with it!

As for scents glands, can't help you there, but echo what TBI said about neutering - if he hasn't been done, I highly recommend it as it will really help with the smells!

Hmm...the vet clinic I take my buns to in NE Bham might be able to help with the wee. I used to take Alice from me on a frequent basis for a good clipping and darn good wash when she got into a heck of a state and beyond me on my own to clean. This was done by the two bun savvy animal nurses they have. Any problems with her skin being sore or torn was also treated by the vet at the same visit.

Has your bun been neutered?

[Alice would NOT eat any hay no matter what anyone tried]

Thanks for that. Would you be able to tell mr which vets it is please and I'll give then a call to ask.

Bit too far to come to Hopper then.
Hopefully someone will have a suggestion for you soon!

Just looked at your site and seen that you're in Redditch. If I have no success locally, I might pop him up to you. Could you let jd know rates and things like that please? Thanks!

Just looked at your site and seen that you're in Redditch. If I have no success locally, I might pop him up to you. Could you let jd know rates and things like that please? Thanks!

We're open to the public Saturdays 1-3pm.
Can't remember if we ask for a fixed amount or a donation, but it wouldn't be much!

Back