• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had a chat with Rodges previous owner...

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Well I couldnt believe the conversation I had the other day with Rodges previous owner! :evil:
She bought him from a pet shop at 6 WEEKS OLD & the pet shop owner told her 'Hes not used to human contact, leave him in his cage for a week before handling him'...........so the poor mite was stuck in his tiny cage for a week with no interaction or play time. Been crying my eyes out the past few days, no wonder he freaks if I shut him in a cage indoors. She also called him 'a nightmare' & that he chewed a hole in her wall......well he has NEVER chewed anything in our house & loves to just chill out under the coffee table or lounge by the pond.

He may have his issues but I wouldnt change him for the world. Im so sorry Rodge that I hadnt come in to your life sooner. :cry:

Bless you for taking him on JT, he sounds wonderful but sounds like the start to his life wasn't that great :(

At least he can grow into his life with you now :)

So many people just don't understand buns behaviour so its always "terrible evil behaviour" to them :(

Do we have any pics of little Rodge? :)

Aaw thanks, hes the most laid back bun ever with major trust issues though. He wants to come up and sniff me but hes just not sure. Bless.

I never get round to uploading pics on here, i added pics on the rabbits united facebook site though! :D Even little Sookie is on there, must get round to adding Orla also!

Imagine being seperated from your mother at 6 weeks old, bless him.

Aaw thanks, hes the most laid back bun ever with major trust issues though. He wants to come up and sniff me but hes just not sure. Bless.

I never get round to uploading pics on here, i added pics on the rabbits united facebook site though! :D Even little Sookie is on there, must get round to adding Orla also!

Imagine being seperated from your mother at 6 weeks old, bless him.

Think its time for some laying on the floor with bunny sniffing and hopping up to you time eh? :D

Oh I do that all the time, he comes over for a quick sniff then hes off stamping his foot! :lol:

Orla on the otherhand......uses me as a climbing frame, he fav place to sit is on my shoulder, must be part parrot.

Oh I do that all the time, he comes over for a quick sniff then hes off stamping his foot! :lol:

Orla on the otherhand......uses me as a climbing frame, he fav place to sit is on my shoulder, must be part parrot.

lol, you probably moved a muscle, "pfft, mum why can't you stay still" kinda situation :lol:

Biscuit uses us as climbing frames too. His fave place atm is to sit on my chest whilst im laying up against the sofa and licking my face to pieces, and then pulling my glasses off so he can get at my eyelids ! :shock::lol:

Last edited:
i didnt mess with Alvin for the first few days.

i prefer to let rabbits settle in and get used to the place before i impose myself on them, i think the leave him alone for a while isnt bad advice tbh they are prey animals after all so would probably hide from the human than be cuddled on arrival home :D:D:D

Oh I completely agree hun however, to leave him isolated for a week seemed a bit extreme. Both Sookie & Orla were left alone for a day & then slowly introduced to me by sitting next to their cage etc.

He couldve been really sick & they wouldnt of noticed. Atleast my boy is where he should be now though. :love:

Back