• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my neighbour brought the buns some treats - can they eat them?

my neighbour saw Marley and Dolly on the front garden this afternoon and came round with a huge plant and a handful of dandelions :)

she said it was a cauliflower, it looks like the catapillars have had a good munch on them but im not sure what they are. :oops:

it looks like taller, skinnier cauliflower leaves with a big chunky root at the bottom, im confused as when i buy them from the shop, there is the cauliflower wrapped in the green leaves. :? Sorry for being so ignorant, my parents have never been into growing our own veg. :oops::oops:

dandelions yum

Dandelions they will love. Also sow-thistle and groundsel, if your neighbour likes weeding and wants to offload such treats on you.

The other thing sounds like the rest of the cauli plant that doesn't get sent to the shops. Your neighbour ought to know what he's growing, after all. Cauli is from the cabbage (brassica) family, and they're all fine in modest quantities, but if your buns aren't used to it, better start small and build up. Some buns can't cope with much brassica - gives them the runs or tummy-ache. Lettuce ditto.

Somebody on here will know the very useful link to a list of bunniable plants.

Knowing a good gardener is a big bonus for bun-owners - lucky you.

Dandelions they will love. Also sow-thistle and groundsel, if your neighbour likes weeding and wants to offload such treats on you.

The other thing sounds like the rest of the cauli plant that doesn't get sent to the shops. Your neighbour ought to know what he's growing, after all. Cauli is from the cabbage (brassica) family, and they're all fine in modest quantities, but if your buns aren't used to it, better start small and build up. Some buns can't cope with much brassica - gives them the runs or tummy-ache. Lettuce ditto.

Somebody on here will know the very useful link to a list of bunniable plants.

Knowing a good gardener is a big bonus for bun-owners - lucky you.

I know dandelions are fine, they have them quite often. i have a list for my dad of all the things they can eat because i got sick of him coming home with things that they cant have and blaming me for not telling him! :roll:

They are also used to cauliflower greens. Thats what my neighbour said they were, but shes the neighbourhood pain in the a**e and i avoid her like the plague usually so i dont know her that well. :oops: :oops: i sound so 2 faced now! but hey, i didnt ask her to bring nom noms for the terrible twosome :lol:

Back