• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Puzzled...apols for long story!

Domino27

Mama Doe
Just got back from my hols yesterday and went to pick the buns up from my mum in the evening (night flight so I needed a well needed sleep when we eventually got back home!).

Anyhoo mum said Domino had been naughty the day after I left and had grunted at Paddy and bit him on his bottom (no injury) but no fight. Everything had been fine then til the Monday (day before I was due home) when she said Domino just wasn't interested in her food at all. Usually they're both at the cage wire when it's brekkie time and fighting over food in the bowl but she just wasn't bothered at all. Then said she'd only eaten a few strawberry leaves and a bit of celery and had "poo-poo'd" everything else. Not at all like her as she's usually a greedy monkey. I told her to give her belly a rub and see how she went.

When I got there she was not at all herself, I picked her up and she just let me hold her all night, didn't try to stuggle after the usual 5 mins when she's bored of being loved etc. I put her on the sofa and she just flopped and went to sleep, usually she's off and running about the room. Anyway, I thought if she's still not eaten much by wed then I'll take her to the vets. When home she munched through a carrot and a bit of greens but still no running about.

Today she's munched on a load of dandelion leaves, turned her nose up to the pellets, and some spring greens but I can pick her up quite easily still (usually she runs away and it's a bit of a game til bedtime).

She does feel a little thin but is weeing but her poo's are quite small. I can't feel any injuries and she doesn't move in pain on any part that I've been touching and "prodding". She just looks absolutely miserable! She is eating but not as much as she usually does...

Any ideas????!!

I'd take her to the vets. Its good she's still eating a little bit and pooing but it sounds like the onset of statis/ilues.

I'd take her to the vets. Its good she's still eating a little bit and pooing but it sounds like the onset of statis/ilues.

Cheers, I wasn't really happy with her today tbh so I've booked her in for this evening. We've just had a run around and she jumped off the sofa but is back under the chair..sulking presumably coz I left her for 10 days! :roll: she's had some mint leaves off me as well but better to be safe than sorry...!

Stasis in other words, she has a very slow gut. Drugs have worked, has been eating a bit more and chewed on my blooming walls...
:lol::lol:

So stress from missing you then. Awww - poor thing. Hoping she's better soon. xx

:lol::lol:

So stress from missing you then. Awww - poor thing. Hoping she's better soon. xx

Who knows! She's had another jab today. All last night she sat next to me on her cushion and I hand fed her mint leaves and celery, what a madam....still not herself but she is eating a bit more

Back