• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does your neutered male smell worse than a female?

Does your neutered male smell worse than a female? (House-rabbits only)

• yes my neutered male smells worse than a doe

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • no my neutered male doesn't smell worse than a doe

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • other ....

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters

Ambience

Warren Veteran
Just noticed how much my neutered males smell compared to the girls(neutered or unneutered). Anyone else think this about males?

Thanks xxxxxxxx

Last edited:
No. Could their sacs need cleaning - sorry I'm having a mental block as to what the proper term is! :oops:

Yes my neutered male is a bit more stinky than my doe..... only a slight difference and neither are actually smelly but there is definately a stronger small coming from him:)

Mind you I think I am immune to my bunnies smell becuase they are so fresh in comparison to the guinea pigs.

No. Could their sacs need cleaning - sorry I'm having a mental block as to what the proper term is! :oops:

Something needs cleaning lol :) They are just stinking males today. I can't smell them outdoors, but definately bringing them inside, i'm very aware of it.

Yes my neutered male is a bit more stinky than my doe..... only a slight difference and neither are actually smelly but there is definately a stronger small coming from him:)

Is that from him, or from him peeing? My males don't seem to have peed since they came in. Could be wrong though, i can't totally see in the litter tray under the hay on top xxx

Mind you I think I am immune to my bunnies smell becuase they are so fresh in comparison to the guinea pigs.

aww :) i remember having a guinea pig when i was little but it escaped and i haven't had one since. I didn't htink they smelled so bad though. Maybe i was lucky or just don't remember xxx

I only have Lucky (or Lucky Stanley as he will now be called) and i think he smells alll beautiful, hay'ey and snuggly. Cant help but sniff him when i pick him up. He likes the sniff but hates the pick up. :lol:

Never sniffed a girl one. Maybe when we get him a wife tho. :love:

No, my boy doesn't smell. Of the other two boys I had it was the unneutered one that was a bit of a pongo.

i clean bunny scent glands regularly :oops: :lol: out of all my bunnies the one whose seemed to smell more was our french lop doe thumper, she wasn't speyed, don't know if that made a difference, or because she was older and a outdoor rabbit

i clean bunny scent glands regularly :oops: :lol: out of all my bunnies the one whose seemed to smell more was our french lop doe thumper, she wasn't speyed, don't know if that made a difference, or because she was older and a outdoor rabbit

Why? I've never done this or realised we were supposed to:?

My bunnies don't smell much of anything. Their wee smells a bit when I empty the litter trays, but they all use it, so I couldn't tell if male wee was smellier.

Back