• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

think a dental is due..

charl86

Alpha Buck
Not sure why, just got a feeling his teeth arn't right again, he's been a bit off with his food a couple of times lately no major signs but thought it was best to have them checked incase he's in any pain. It was two months between dentals last time its now been three since his last.
As my OH cant give me a lift to the vets this week I asked my mum to make an appointment for me for time when her or my grandad could give me a lift in with him as she was going to the vets yesterday anyway, so she spoke to the vet and he said not to bother ith a consultation as if I thought they needed doing they probably do so to just bring him for the op early friday morning and if they dont need doing he'll just call and I can pick him up, not sure how I feel about leaving him there if its not necessary though, I suppose it saves him the stress of two car journeys though if they do need doing.
Not sure what to do for the best now, if I cancel this appointment I'll have to wait till next week when my OH can take me on his day off.

You've noticed the early signs and taken action and it really does sound like the smart thing to do is just book him in for Friday. If he is struggling with his teeth it is unfair to make him wait longer than necessary.

yeah I suppose so just hate leaving him there on his own in those horrid little crates :( Especially if theres nothing wrong with his teeth yet, as I say theres been no definate signs yet just little things and he might be there a while till I can come and pick him up again.

To me, with mine, what you have described probably would be a definitive sign for me, but then my vet says I pick it up earlier than most people. I suspect right now they are causing him discomfort, but not pain as such yet, so its the perfect time (obviously if it is his teeth, if its not then he might benefit from an examination anyway).

It is hard leaving them, but it is best. I've found it easier to leave them when they have a friend, might that be a potential option for the future?

I caught it very early last time aswell, just didnt trust my instincts enough to bring him in for an op without seeing a vet for a consultation first:roll: Anyways Ill keep him booked in for it on friday then.
Oh and Sooty doesnt have a friend at the min but will be getting a one in the very near future, we're very excited! :D

Last edited:
:wave:
I caught it very early last time aswell, just didnt trust my instincts enough to bring him in for an op without seeing a vet for a consultation first:roll: Anyways Ill keep him booked in for it on friday then.
Oh and Sooty doesnt have a friend at the min but will be getting a one in the very near future, we're very excited! :D

I think your instincts sound perfect to me....I think bunny mummys can always tell :)

I always book my buns in early because like to get their teeth done before there is any damage to the tongue or cheek plus recovery time will be shorter.

Aw Sooty will love having a friend, its so sweet watching 2 buns together.....please can we have some photos when bun no.2 arrives :D

I think its just a case of learning to trust yourself :) Your vet seems to trust you or else would have insisted on an appointment prior to the op :) Good luck for Friday.

Sounds VERY exicting about him getting a friend :D

Good luck at the dental! My Ginger's having his tomorrow. :cry: Well done for getting Sooty a friend - he's going to be so happy! :D Where abouts do you live? There may be a rescue near you somebody can recommend.

Thanks. Im in Liverpool and will be contacting some rescues soon, been keeping an eye on the websites of a few! Good luck Hoppit for Gingers dental tomorrow... sending speedy recovery vibes!

Back