• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Daisy Mouse - advice needed on new housing please :o)

Hugbut

Mama Doe
This is Daisy's current set up:

Photo0926-Copy.jpg

Photo0928-Copy.jpg

Daisy :love:

moo.jpg

I want something better for her so I've been thinking...
We've got a 2ft x 1ft aquarium (roughly, can't remember exact measurements) that we no longer use & thought we could convert it into a mouse house...would that work? Has anyone got any advice on how to go about doing it? My Hubby would have to make a new lid for it which I'm guessing won't be too hard but I'm not sure what we'd make platforms out of?

Any advice/piccies of similar set ups much appreciated!

:wave:

Last edited:
you can make platforms out of wood put them onto stands if you mke yourself also put ropes and things as mice quite like climbing things, you can make upturned boxes(plastic ones and turn into levels adding ladders to them too xx

you can make platforms out of wood put them onto stands if you mke yourself also put ropes and things as mice quite like climbing things, you can make upturned boxes(plastic ones and turn into levels adding ladders to them too xx

Thank you for your suggestions :wave: I thought more people would have expericence with things like this though, was hoping for some pictures of similar projects :?

I'm personally not a fan of tanks for mice, but I know plenty do use them. My reasons are the lack of ventilation for an animal very prone to respiratory diseases and also the lack of climbing opportunities. I'd also never use wood, as mice pee everywhere! :lol:

Are you on the All About Mice forum? There are loads of good piccies of set ups on there, as well as cage reviews on the website itself. :)

Back