• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Indoor rabbits.

MopsyMops =]

Warren Veteran
If you own an indoor rabbit or did own an indoor bun, what would your ideal accomodation be?

Im considering (again) about changing oggies living arrangements. This time though, because I haven't got Delly :)cry:) I don't have to worry about height or small spaces (Ogs is generally more lazier than Dellybelly. Food, attention and sleep is what he lives for! :roll::lol:)

He has an indoor hutch which he sleeps in at night but then is out all day apart from when Im not in.. (if I take the dog out or if im out for the day. If someone is in the house he is out) so he has alot of outside time and is a happy bunny :)love:).

This is what the room is like atm (with his hutch)

017-6.jpg

I can move the chair to get more space. Any ideas at all?

Nic cubes, dog cage etc etc etc

Merci!

Oh aswell, he can't be free range completely as he sometimes (at night) misses the potty so ends up weeing over the side. So the area would have to be wipe able or something.

Any ideas welcome.

I am quite happy with the set up we have currently. It is made from NIC cubes, and has a corflute base (corrugated plastic, the kind that is used in real estate signs - in the UK it is called correx) so easily wipeable. An alternative to this would be lino. The buns have the bottom level and their level is 2 grids high. I then have a pair and a trio of guinea pigs, and they get one level each on top of the buns cage. The bottom level is on a wooden base and wheels so easy to move. Each level is 6ftx2.5ft. If you haven't made one before, this site gives really good instructions; http://www.guineapigcages.com/howto.htm

If I didn't have the guinea pigs, I might have just gone with the dog crate. However, I do find that they really enjoy their home base and I often find them sleeping in it. Plus having a bigger home base means they keep most of their junk in it - so we don't have hay getting everywhere.

I'm happy with my setup (4x4 pen with attached 5x2.5 but it creates more room than it seems as its attached to either side of the pen).

Wish i could allow more free-range time, but Biscuit likes to get into everything so i couldnt do that as bunny-proofing any more than it already is just isn't viable or possible.

I'd like him to have constant access to the whole room.

Your bun has quite a bit of space if he's out all the time, so thats good :)

I'm not an indoor bunny owner, but just wanted to say hi to Oggie. :wave: My friend's rabbit was indoors over last winter, and proved to be a bit of a nibbler. :roll::roll: He had the same indoor hutch as Oggie. I'd move the chair (and definitely the cushions), but maybe put a cardboard box with a hole cut in it there. Hope you will post some more photos of Oggie soon. :love: I can just see him lying by the sofa in the picture.

I love NIC grids to be honest. Have a massive NIC cage in my room (5x2x6) and that works perfectly for ours. I would choose that everytime.

If he can be trusted to free-range in the room, then that's definitely the easiest option in terms of cleaning out, and you don't have a cage cluttering the room up.

Second best, I'd say a puppy pen that lightweight enough to fold away easily

Thankyou so much everyone :D

I might look back into NIC cubes as I don't really have to have a top to it now (delly could have jumped it when I had her).

I will deffo move the chair to the other side to I can move the space out more.

Back