• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit bonding.

annie78art

Banned
I got my Rabbit Timmy done about 5weeks ago now. For the last week I have been trying to bond him with my Girly Trampy who is 6years old and not done.
At first they had a bit of a fight but it past. Now Timmy just runs from her. If she goes up to him he runs off. I have been putting them together for 15mins each day. Timmy was doing his manic run around and around and jump the other day. Then I seen Trampy and him sitting together. Trampy had her paw over him. This looked sweet but was it a bad or good sign. Then I seen Timmy do it to her???

Hi

Basically your female needs to be neutered and you need to let her hormones subside before bonding - normally around 6 weeks later.

Bonding unneutered rabbits doesn't often go well.

Helen

Hi

Basically your female needs to be neutered and you need to let her hormones subside before bonding - normally around 6 weeks later.

Bonding unneutered rabbits doesn't often go well.

Helen

I hear what you are saying but my vet said she is too old and will not risk it.

I hear what you are saying but my vet said she is too old and will not risk it.

I know it's a higher risk but the risk of her being injured during bonding or being alone for the whole of her life makes it worth trying in my book. But obviously only you know your bunny. But it's unlikely you'll be able to bond an unspayed lady.

If she's in good overall health, I'd find a good rabbit vet in your area who feels it would be okay to spay.

I recently had an 8yr+ bunny spayed. She wasn't as easy as a younger rabbit but she went on to marry a lovely 9yr old boy.

Back