• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best toys for rabbits... POST YOURS! =]

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
Looking for something good for my rabbit... he loves to chew!

I've brought him a chill and chew mat which he adores :D

37038_LRG.jpg

This which he doesn't even touch.....

5376.jpg

A jingly ball which he doesn't touch either....

31567.jpg

and this which he likes.... i think... keeps him entertained anyway when I put veggies in it...

112726.jpg

A chew tube... which he don't really like that much tbh... maybe its a bit small (he's only a baby tho) and he can actually fit through it...

41SPFv4NSvL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I saw a carrot tree thing made from seagrass, but all the cheapest online places had sold out... and was out of stock in the shop I went in :eek:/ I wanna get him something he actually likes... he loves the mat, so maybe something similar :)

What are your rabbits fave toys?

Mine are very easily pleased - they love an empty cardboard box. I remove all the sellotape first otherwise they eat it and get it stuck to their faces. :roll: :lol: I usually make one small hole in it so they can get inside and then they remodel it. :D:D

Dudley seems to like his cardboard boxes. I bought a load from the hay experts and out of it all he liked the box most :roll:
He also likes the thin willow balls.
Lucy likes cardboard rolls and tosses them about. She also loves her tunnel, the one you have posted but the x large one. I don't think she has ever had toys before coming and living with me so she loves tossing things around.

My bunny doesn't toss things, the only time I saw him was when he picked his ball up and slammed it down in an angry rage, when I put him back in his cage :lol: I cut a hole in a box and he wouldn't go in lol!:lol: He didn't even attempt to shred it, it was in the room with him for like 4 days aswell :? weird bun :lol::lol: I've gave him a long tube that was off the clingfilm, and he hasn't chewed that either... i think he prefers things that he knows he isn't allowed to chew :evil::lol::lol::lol:

Spenser used to have the colourful wooden ball. I think you are meant to put bits of carrot and hay through the holes. Spenser has a habit of putting his toys in his water bowl when he has finished playing with them for the night, and I went out one mornig to find the water a very interesting colour and the ball in bits. :roll::roll: He likes the jingle ball, but ignored it for several weeks. Like so many bunnies he loves a cardboard box. Will see if I can add a picture. :wave:

P5070347.jpg

He likes sleeping in it too!

Last edited:
Aww cute piccies :)

Yeah the dye comes off that ball so easy, I dyed my hand blue when gluing it together lmao!!! Got glue on my hand, so went to wash it... came back to the ball to finish putting it together and helloooo blue hand :lol::lol::lol:

Aww cute piccies :)

Yeah the dye comes off that ball so easy, I dyed my hand blue when gluing it together lmao!!! Got glue on my hand, so went to wash it... came back to the ball to finish putting it together and helloooo blue hand :lol::lol::lol:

I try to avoid highly coloured toys now ... aren't buns supposed to be colour-blind? :? Presumably the colour is meant to attract the hoomin to buy the toy. I don't have a photo of it, but the grassy carrot from The Hay Experts is good for hours of fun - especially if you hold it while your bunny tugs the grass of to eat.

Ours have carrot tree's. Carrot patch, various balls, tunnels, pop up tents, kids plastic gardening sets with small watering cans and buckets to throw, rattles, kids patio chairs, wicker chairs, wooden shoe racks, small wicker baskets, willow balls, sticks, cat tree's with several levels and hidey boxes...but their all time favourite is a treat ball with a pinch of protexin fibre in. It keeps them busy for hours!

I found these brilliant with Miffy, especially when she was on her own for a bit

boredom-breaker-naturals-carrot-wood-roll_product_1_532_large.jpg

The one on the right.

I also like softening Science Selective pellets and stuffing the wood tube full of them once the carrot stuff is gone - much cheaper and healthier :lol:

:wave: How about a cardboard tube from the kitchen roll/loo roll stuffed with hay - mine seem to favour anything willow/baskets or balls/the grass mats as you have there or the other ones from the hayexperts, the tubes from PAH which are in the naturals range and lined with hay are more popular, maybe because they are better grip - the treat balls are good when you put a few burgess apple snacks in - they have to roll them to get them out, mine do roll them, oh and Ness my doe loves her cylinder thing (wooden) with the bell inside she rings it for room service :lol:

[/url][/IMG][/url][/IMG]

Timmy in his Tunnel and Charles and Jerry with their oganic cabbage from my mum on their hammack.

I found these brilliant with Miffy, especially when she was on her own for a bit

boredom-breaker-naturals-carrot-wood-roll_product_1_532_large.jpg

The one on the right.

I also like softening Science Selective pellets and stuffing the wood tube full of them once the carrot stuff is gone - much cheaper and healthier :lol:

Oooh the parsley bell - I got that the other day and clipped it in the aviary and it went damp - most definately an indoor treat - I binned it :(

Aww bunnies in a hammock :love:

And ooO I like the hay expert stuff :D I like them carrot patch things too, bit pricey tho online with p&p costs!

I LOVE the leopard print tunnel :love: Where's it from?

I need to buy Loxxy a tunnel I'm just not sure yet which to buy - the green flexible ones or one like that leopard print one up there? Haven't decided which I think would be best yet.

Loxxy loves her treat ball egg thingmebob which cloughie kindly gave me the link for on ebay:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Wobbling-Fun-...217642&po=LVI&ps=63&clkid=5681883790005178239

She also loved this treat thing the other day which I gave her when I went to work for the day:-

flower.jpg

The other thing that goes down well are the willow balls - they just don't last too long!!! And boxes - we pick up empty wine boxes from Tesco and stick them all together, and cut holes in to make a long run, she loves those.

Oh and her baby stacking cups were a good toy too.

004-20.jpg

Some of Oggies toys. He loved the carrot thing (it had a jingle thing in it) but destroyed it so that went.
The multi coloured toy got abit manky so that went aswell (it was nearly destroyed aswell)
The jangly ball he likes - I put his pellets in it sometimes so he has to push it along :D
The green thing I found in the litter tray one morning - eww. So that went aswell :oops:
He loves egg boxes and general boxes. I stuff them with hay and food :).
He also has an old yellow pages which he digs in.

Im planning on getting the matt thing that was shown in the first post. I see him digging and chewing it to death!

Back