• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Internet Auction Site - Unexpected 'Live' Find

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Was searching for rabbit accommodation on an auction site yesterday and found a hutch for sale locally with the most disgusting water bottles you could imagine in the photo. The hutch had some inmates so I contacted the seller to ask if she was going to rehome her guinea pigs.

I don't go looking to take in animals from free ads or internet auction sites, but baring in mind the auction was running despite the animals still in residence, I decided to go and get them. Lord knows where they may have ended up.

Kept alone (one on each level of the 3ft hutch) they had no hay and the hutch was not nice.

DisgustingBottles2.jpg

The boys are gorgeous and I feel sure that once neutered they will make someone a lovely addition to their piggy families.

Meet Hiccups - adorable pew

13Sept2010002.jpg

and Peanut - gorgeous rex fellow

13Sept2010012.jpg

They were letting them go because the kids had lost interest...................:cry:

Last edited:
They are...............

Good job I have no room at the inn or they wouldn't be going far.

I managed to get the bottles in an attempt to photograph them but sadly they seem to have had a bit of a clean (if you can call it that) before I got my hands on them.

Bless them, they are so cute. I didnt want to read the opening post because I was worried it was just going to be another sad story so I was so surprised and happy to read that you have got them out of there to safety!!

Lovely little things, they deserve so much better.

:evil: Those bottles are disgusting!

How can people be worried about getitng money for a material object and have no concern over the welfare of the animals that live in that materials object - its their home and they should matter!

What are people teaching their kids by doing this?:evil:

They are 2 very gorgeous GP! Wonderful you have rescued them...well done you- they have a chance now...they probably feel like they are on coud nine!:love:

I don't know much about guinea pigs so appologies if this is a daft question, but how come they were seperated? Can male guinea piggies not live together?

Poor little guys. Hiccups' claws look really long too. :(

I don't know much about guinea pigs so appologies if this is a daft question, but how come they were seperated? Can male guinea piggies not live together?

Poor little guys. Hiccups' claws look really long too. :(

Male guinea pigs can sometimes live together if they were litter mates or very occasionally if you introduce a baby to an slightly older male but in general I think the answer is no Georgie - they will fight really badly - as these two did apparently. They got Hiccups from a friend and had bought Peanut so it was never likely to work out. So both need to be neutered and go off to live with ladies now. But they can have as many ladies as they like! Lucky beasts.

Anyone local want to offer a gorgeous boy a home?

And yes the nails aren't good - but I have seen much worse!

Thank goodness you came across the ad,, fancy selling the hutch, what were they going to do with the Guinea pigs? Were they hoping whoever bought the hutch would take them too?

I Love my Guinea pigs sooooo much and they need company just like rabbits do otherwise they can go very depressed. Here starts a wonderful life for these little fellas, and thank you thank you for their rescue :D

:wave:

Thank goodness you came across the ad,, fancy selling the hutch, what were they going to do with the Guinea pigs? Were they hoping whoever bought the hutch would take them too?

I Love my Guinea pigs sooooo much and they need company just like rabbits do otherwise they can go very depressed. Here starts a wonderful life for these little fellas, and thank you thank you for their rescue :D

:wave:

Just this I expect. Luckily it didn't have any bids - probably put off by the bottles and by seeing the inmates.

Besides the opening price was going to put loads of people off.

Good news is that the both of the boys are happily scurrying around their new 5ft x 2ft space with their foster mummy Tanya today. She's a proper piggy mummy and so knows exactly what these boys need until they get to their rescue placement.

Poor little things, the wee fella in the bottom didn't even have anywhere to hide. I truely despair about people.

I know nothing about gps, (guinea pigs OR doctors!), but the bottom one is a lovely colour:love:

Love it! :lol:

Yes, he's gorgeous, like a little teddy bear. Not surprising that the children wanted mummy and daddy to buy him from P@H is it.

His coat is amazing - never felt a rex GP before.

Just as well I can't keep any more than my three - or he'd be going nowhere fast - neither would hiccups.

Back