• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Teddy is very poorly - gutted, he has oesteomylitis in his jaw

Bunnyaddict

Wise Old Thumper
Following on from Libby's thread & finding out that Teddy also has a jaw abscess - Teddy has had his op today.

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=242804&page=13

I am gutted to say that Teddy's op did not go well at all :cry: He has had as much of the abscess removed as possible, but we have found out that he has oesteomylitis & they have had to remove a large part of his mandible :cry:

Our vets prognosis remains very guarded & they have said it is now down to Teddy as to if he can recover from this or not :cry: If the abscess re-occurs they have strongly advised against re-operating, as they do not think he would be able to stand an operation again :cry:

On top of this Teddy's ulcer in his eye has detoriated further, so not only is he battling back from his operation - he is also being treated for EC :cry: Looking at our little munchkin tonight I am very worried he won't have the strength to get through this :cry: I just pray that I am wrong.

Please send all the vibes you can spare for our little Teddy Munchkin - he is the most adorable little fella & is loved so much by his friends Libby, Tiny Tim & Minnie :love: He has to get better.

Here's our brave little soldier before he was poorly :love:

DSCF3583-1.jpg

Poor Teddy, I'm so sorry Denise. :( Sending Teddy all my love & wishing him the strength to make a good recovery. xx

:cry: omg poor little thing.

berties eye ulcer took over a year to subside..everynow and then it looks like its back but its the scarring its left...

oh poor wee mite......how will he able to cope minus a big chunk of mandible tho? or was it like my wisdom teeth removal..they took the impacted tooth and shaved a deep grove u shaped to remove jawbone and tooth?

sending healing vibes for the sweetheart xxxxx

Oh no, I'm so sorry. :( He looks such a handsome fellow and I'm sure he is very much loved by his friends. Thinking of you.

I am so sorry Denise, I can't believe you are going through this again, sending massive vibes for Teddy and hugs to you xx

Thank you everyone.

Teddy is still very quiet today - his vet check went ok but it's a case of just take each day as it comes. He looks like he's aged so much in a few days :cry:

I guess I just feel a bit numb at the moment, because this time last week it appeared there was nothing wrong with him - our poor little Teddy Munchkin :cry:

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, and thinking of you and Teddy. Hope he can be made more comfortable. It sounds such a painful thing. :(

So sorry Teddy is poorly Denise. Thinking of you and Teddy, and hoping he gets better. Sending lots of vibes your way x

Back