• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Castiel and Ruby have been evicted from the living room

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
Their crime... 'accidentally' pushing their little butts out of their pen and peeing on the carpet! So they are now in a room with laminate flooring.

The good news is their pen is bigger, it's 7ft long, and 6ft wide at the top half, then it tapers down to 3ft wide at the bottom. In the living room I could only fit a 6ft x 3ft pen. They'll still be allowed in the living room to free range though. Little horrors :roll::lol:

I do wonder if their refusal to be litter trained might be because they were both about 2 years old when I got them, so had had 2 years of being unneutered. Everybody else *touch wood* has been as good as gold with their litter boxes.

Do you think they just over-shot, or do they just not get the idea of peeing in the right place? Spenser isn't neutered (variety of reasons, mainly not very good), but he is quite tidy - he ALWAYS pees and does the vast majority of his poos in his BEDROOM. Bless him... :love:

Lucy isn't spayed yet but she hasn't had any accidents in ages. (I realise now I'll go up and find a puddle in their room :lol:). Sometimes they are just overshooting, but other times they just pee nowhere near the litter tray! And poos just go everywhere :roll::lol:

My friend's rabbit did poos all over the place when he was indoors for the winter. He's unneutered, like my Spenser, but much more hormonal! Amazing how many poos a little mini-lop can produce in a short time. Rabbit poo is quite easy to tidy up though. :)

My friend's rabbit did poos all over the place when he was indoors for the winter. He's unneutered, like my Spenser, but much more hormonal! Amazing how many poos a little mini-lop can produce in a short time. Rabbit poo is quite easy to tidy up though. :)

yeah apart from you stand on it and it goes all bitty and gets stuck to your foot and in between your toes :mrgreen:

Yeuch! Spenser does the odd squidgy poo (usually when I'm about to go out, so that I then spend the whole period of separation worrying about him). That would be far worse for the carpet and the toes. :shock::evil:

Yeuch! Spenser does the odd squidgy poo (usually when I'm about to go out, so that I then spend the whole period of separation worrying about him). That would be far worse for the carpet and the toes. :shock::evil:

:shock::shock: haven't had any squidgy poos in a while now, Zero used to leave his caecotrophs but have managed to sort that out. What pellets do you feel Spenser? :wave:

Excell. He loves them! His previous owner fed Rabbit Royale, but he was a selective feeder. By the time I'd done the gradual change he wasn't leaving any of the mix, but it's not so easy for me to get hold of, and the vet said pellets were better.

Excell. He loves them! His previous owner fed Rabbit Royale, but he was a selective feeder. By the time I'd done the gradual change he wasn't leaving any of the mix, but it's not so easy for me to get hold of, and the vet said pellets were better.

I used to feed Zero and Harvey Excel, Harvey was fine but Zero had funny poos and caecotrophs. I changed them over to Science Selective and now he does brilliant poos :D really recommend it have heard of lots of other bunnies who's funny poos have been sorted out by changing over to Science Selective. It works out cheaper as well, the pellets are big so I only give mine 10-15 each a day. Your vet is right, pellets are normally better :wave:

:lol: Norty bunnies! Everytime Phoebe An is on the sofa or the bed you can gurantee she's gonna scoot into a comfy corner & pee...& she's been spayed, the little witch :roll: :lol:

:wave:

:lol: Norty bunnies! Everytime Phoebe An is on the sofa or the bed you can gurantee she's gonna scoot into a comfy corner & pee...& she's been spayed, the little witch :roll: :lol:

:wave:

Castiel likes this trick as well :lol: if he sits still for even a minute when he's free ranging I know it's time to run for the kitchen roll

Back