• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone have a kennel/run for buns?

molly35

Mama Doe
Does anyone have a kennel with attached run - I am talking 6ft high ones (10ft long) as opposed to a shed? I am thinking of upgrading to larger bunny premises but they also have a 7ft run on the grass for through the day. Just wondering if there are any cons with a kennel instead of a shed.

I had mine made at a local shed place and it worked out cheaper than if I had bought it off internet. You can also specify exact size - mine is overall 6' x 12' and total height of 6.5 ft. This can help with price if you want something lower or smaller.

Does anyone have a kennel with attached run - I am talking 6ft high ones (10ft long) as opposed to a shed? I am thinking of upgrading to larger bunny premises but they also have a 7ft run on the grass for through the day. Just wondering if there are any cons with a kennel instead of a shed.

This sounds really good idea - I've only ever seen 'ordinary' dog kennels. Where have you seen them?

It's a lot more expensive, you could just do a bit of DIY and attach a run like on the bunny shed.com

My other half thinks I'm nuts already and that the buns are more important than him and the little man (he could just about be right) - there is no way I could get him to do that to a shed and my diy skills are worse than useless. And he made the run which currently attaches to the hutch but didn't put any doors etc in it so if the buns are in I can't catch them!!!! :lol: Good job I have more than 1 run.

I am loving the set up on the site though, maybe one day................

I've been looking at upgrading my shed and run to a dog kennel and the cheapest i've found is one on ebay the item number is 150490780894 and there's also this one 350394053965 by the same guy they look really good i'm going to be ordering mine at the end of the month.:D

Last edited:
Here's some pics of mine, althought the aviary has had a few modification since the picture was taken. :)

E620 bunny house 002 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

If you imagine the hutch is now on the floor and there is another two platforms above the hutch with a tunnel in one of them.

E620 bunny house 005 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

inside the open bit of the kennel

DSCF6516 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

inside the enclosed bit of the kennel

DSCF6512 by kittykat23uk, on Flickr

Your (buns!) kennel looks really good - where did you get it from?

This looks fab. We are tying to come up with ideas to extend the kennel for Kenco and Fay, and yours is very similar to what we want to do (am currently wresting with the OH for a full-height run whereas he wants to do a half-height one, but I love the aviaries!)

Back