• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bad weather affecting buns?

redliz

Young Bun
Phoebe has been in such a grump today:shock:

Nothing's been changed food/hay/hutch etc etc all the same and she seems perfectly well, just really grumpy.
The only thing I can think is it's very breezy and wet here today and miss looks extremely put out :lol: Her expression is like" pfft I can't sit in peace without things blowing past me and disturbing me every 5 mins "
Have other people noticed buns liking (or not) certain types of weather ?

Yes, my 3 hate the wind. They don't care about snow or rain but this wind really upsets them.

Poor Spenser didn't get out to his run at all yesterday, and I have doubts about today. :( It's sunny in between the showers, but the rain is so vicious when they come on we could both get very wet. He doesn't like being caught. He doesn't seem too bothered, but we have just introduced the stairs so his hutch is twice the size it used to be. He's a happy boy! :D

She's given up and gone into her shed now (her hutch is now within a good sized garden shed, I leave the hutch open so she can have the whole shed to play about/exercise in)
I'm so glad I did that now ..the weather here has been horrendous recently and I know she's nice and snug and dry now, no matter what.:D

Our weather has got worse - the sky looks evil. :evil::evil: Your hutch-in-a-shed arrangement will be a definite plus in this weather. At least Spenser is now using both levels of the hutch, and hopefully he'll get a run on the grass tomorrow. He does seem quite content in the hutch at the moment - I brave the element regularly to give him attention.

Back