• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cylap vs Lapinject poll VHD vaccines for our buns

Do you get Lapinject or Cylap

• I get Lapinject and it's fab no side effects at all

Votes: 22 57.9%
  • I get Cylap and it's fab no side effects at all

Votes: 8 21.1%
  • I get Lapinject and have experienced side effects - please describe

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • I get Cylap and have experienced side effects - please describe

Votes: 7 18.4%

• Total voters

VickiP

Wise Old Thumper
:wave:Hi apologies if this has been done already but, I'd really like to get some feedback on this, apologies too for the wording we all know this relates to our rabbits vaccines for VHD rather than 'us' having the jabs:wave:

Last edited:
I've been lucky enough not to have experience of any really serious side effects with Cylap but Bluebell has gotten the limp and all buns were off colour post vaccination. Since switching to Lapinject I've never had a problem, you wouldn't even know they had their vaccination.

I've been lucky enough not to have experience of any really serious side effects with Cylap but Bluebell has gotten the limp and all buns were off colour post vaccination. Since switching to Lapinject I've never had a problem, you wouldn't even know they had their vaccination.

Ahh I messed up the poll options really didn't I - I think you need to tick the for the one you currently have done for VHD and do as you have, explain what's happened if you switched over from either or.:wave:

All mine who are vaccinatable (if that's a word) had Cylap. Those under 1.7kg have a half dose, and those over 1.7kg have a full dose. Since doing it this way we have not had any side effects (although three of the fosters have a super localised and super mild skin reaction at the injection site).

When I was with my other vets they vaccinated at full dose and the lighter the weight of the rabbit the bigger the reaction, so much so that Badger lost a lot of fur and had a lot of bald patches (others that were slightly bigger had lesser skin reactions and got smaller bald patches).

I don't know what to vote for the poll because the way we do it we've never had a properly notable reaction, but have had years ago (in 2007 it was).

Ahh I messed up the poll options really didn't I - I think you need to tick the for the one you currently have done for VHD and do as you have, explain what's happened if you switched over from either or.:wave:

With that in mind I voted the second option.

All mine who are vaccinatable (if that's a word) had Cylap. Those under 1.7kg have a half dose, and those over 1.7kg have a full dose. Since doing it this way we have not had any side effects (although three of the fosters have a super localised and super mild skin reaction at the injection site).

When I was with my other vets they vaccinated at full dose and the lighter the weight of the rabbit the bigger the reaction, so much so that Badger lost a lot of fur and had a lot of bald patches (others that were slightly bigger had lesser skin reactions and got smaller bald patches).

I don't know what to vote for the poll because the way we do it we've never had a properly notable reaction, but have had years ago (in 2007 it was).

I think you need to tick Cylap with side effects, your explanation here clarifies it further, thats interesting what your saying though about the weight etc I wonder if that was on the manufacturers recommendation or the vets common sense?

Ahh I messed up the poll options really didn't I - I think you need to tick the for the one you currently have done for VHD and do as you have, explain what's happened if you switched over from either or.

I selected Lapinject - No Side Effects as that is what I use now and have done for a while.

My vet switched over to lapinject recently, and a few of my rabbits have been done with lapinject with no problems. Although I never had problems with cylap either

although i've only experienced jabs once so far. next lot due in November but they will be lapinject as thats what my bunvet prefers.

I think you need to tick Cylap with side effects, your explanation here clarifies it further, thats interesting what your saying though about the weight etc I wonder if that was on the manufacturers recommendation or the vets common sense?

Oh, sorry! I voted for the wrong one then. If I can change it I will, but we don't have any side effects on my rabbits with what we do now.

I believe it was something my vet had done with other clients, not sure it was a recommendation. I selected the weight based on the rabbits that had had problems and their weights. Works a treat.

Oh, sorry! I voted for the wrong one then. If I can change it I will, but we don't have any side effects on my rabbits with what we do now.

I believe it was something my vet had done with other clients, not sure it was a recommendation. I selected the weight based on the rabbits that had had problems and their weights. Works a treat.

No thats fine, how do I edit the poll? I can't seem to so I'm leaving it, hopefully it will still show a good picture of things.

Last edited:
No thats fine, how do I edit the poll? I can't seem to so I'm leaving it, hopefully it will still show a good picture of things.

Can you not edit your original post? Maybe it'll have the poll option on the edit as you are the OP.

Just a thought:lol:

Can you not edit your original post? Maybe it'll have the poll option on the edit as you are the OP.

Just a thought:lol:

I did try that thinking I could but, I couldn't see that option :? It'll have to do now - it's a good poll don't you think ;)

Back