• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to get another Rabbit

Mandxx

Warren Scout
Having totally fallen in love with Peaches I now feel terribly guilty that she is all alone. Now I'm not thinking of running out today to find another friend for her but would like to know as much as possible about the right time to get her a friend, so ................. should it be a neutered male or would another female be ok? Should I wait till she is spayed or once shed is up and she is settled in it would it be ok then? How do you introduce another bunny? Will she be all territorial?:wave:

I think that once she is spayed and recovered, that would be an ideal time. Ideally a neutered male would be best. Do you have any rabbit rescues or rescue centres that rehome rabbits over there? They would be a good place to start.

There's loads of thread on here about bonding, so maybe use the search function and read them. Also, on my website (link in my sig), under 'Rabbit Info articles' there is an article about bunny bonding which make be of interest to you.

My thoughts are,if youre thinking about it,youre ready.
If youve seen a bunny....(hopefully a rescue), then go get!!
New Bunny in its forever home??Ace.....and your bunny up at the bridge will be smiling down on you and binkying like a mad thing!!!

Not seen one yet would def like to get a rescue bun. Did look at site of a rescue here but they all seem to already be paired.:wave:

Well went to our local animal sanctuary and have found the perfect friend for Peaches. His name is Petter and he is a black lop. Dnt collect him till Monday as he has just been nutered but that works out perfect as I am waiting on the new larger hutch and run arriving.
Have been adviced to keep them apart for 4 weeks is that right? Will set the 2 hutches and runs up so they can see each other through the fence.
Will be asking lots of advice for bonding when the time comes:wave:

Peter.jpg

Awww, thats great :):)

I know you have to keep them apart, but not sure of the time, but 4weeks sounds about right. Someone will come along with the right answer soon.

I really wanted another bun for Lucky and was tempted to rush to the nearest pets shop for it but after advice from here, we've seen a perfect rescue bun - she's gorgeous! We are just waiting for Lucky to have his jabs (booked in next week) and get the all clear and then we will see what happens - hope they love each other. :love:

It's shown me that it does take time but at least i havent rushed out and contributed to pet shop breeding and taken time to prepare carefully.

Exactly ! This site has been great for advice. Just reading through everything has been so useful.
Cant wait for my new rescue bun to come home:D

Back