• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please can you measure your bunny holes for me (!!!!)

Beatrix Potter

Mama Doe
Ok bunnies are out the way so o/h can finally :roll: put an access point from bunnies hutch to the run. the hutch is massive and sits on top of the run so there is quite a bit of height. Planning to put a ladder in so far on top of a platform then probably another ladder. Has anyone got an photos of ramps etc that they have done themselves before o/h starts saw-ing!? :roll:

Last edited:
O/h is about to start cutting a rectangular hole....his measurements don't sound very big to me just 12x20cm :roll: Anyone available to measure their bunny holes please!? :lol::lol:

No worries thanks for replying :wave:

Hole is now cut apparently :shock:

Lets hope it proceeds and a ramp follows shortly..... :roll:

Eeeek. Well if it was my dh, the ramp will probably be ready in a month's time. :lol::lol:

I'm at work at the moment, but can measure mine for you when I get in, about 4ish!

The hole in my hutch seems small, but my two get through it ok. They are absolutely not allowed to put on weight though :lol:

Not that this is much good to you, but here is a pic:

P1000433.jpg

xxx

They will fit through 12cm x 20cm easily but I would make it more like 20cm wide x 25 - 30cm high for a more comfortable fit.

Mine have a biggish hole from bedroom (its probably about 15x15cm) but they like to make it MUCH smaller by blocking both sides with hay and megazorb so they have to SQEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE through :roll: - I assume they like it because its more like a burrow even though its upstairs.

Great thanks for info and photo. Both are small rabbits anyway so sure it will be fine, o/h looked at the hole in the hutch that goes through to bedroom already to get an idea and they both get through that easily enough.
Haven't heard from o/h for a while so hopefully the ramp is in process :) either that or somethings gone terribly wrong and he's now on the puter :roll:

Great thanks for info and photo. Both are small rabbits anyway so sure it will be fine, o/h looked at the hole in the hutch that goes through to bedroom already to get an idea and they both get through that easily enough.
Haven't heard from o/h for a while so hopefully the ramp is in process :) either that or somethings gone terribly wrong and he's now on the puter :roll:

Or he's sat in the run having a kip :lol:

Or was testing hole-size with head. And got stuck. It could happen - I got stuck in a catflap once.

:lol: nearly choked on my cuppa tea then :lol: and now just read the bit about you getting your head stuck in the cat flap and daren't drink anymore! :lol:
I have to ask....how!?

C'mon Angie we need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update on hutch/run. Happy to report that hole is made, legs for hutch are made (complete with anti spudsey mesh), ramp is made :D Unfortunately it then peed it down so work has temporarily stopped. Also unfortunate that o/h did not get his head stuck in hutch :evil: as we did have a slight disagreement over where the hutch has been situated :roll:

C'mon Angie we need to know!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update on hutch/run. Happy to report that hole is made, legs for hutch are made (complete with anti spudsey mesh), ramp is made :D Unfortunately it then peed it down so work has temporarily stopped. Also unfortunate that o/h did not get his head stuck in hutch :evil: as we did have a slight disagreement over where the hutch has been situated :roll:

:lol::lol::lol:

xxx

I have this as a means of exit to the run from the hutch
dfhno7.jpg

The hole is just over 4 inches and the tunnel is 6.5 inches. I know that the company who supplied this was also going to make a larger tube which would be ok for french lops.

I have this as a means of exit to the run from the hutch
dfhno7.jpg

The hole is just over 4 inches and the tunnel is 6.5 inches. I know that the company who supplied this was also going to make a larger tube which would be ok for french lops.

Thats great I really like that.

Back