• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Four little monkeys off for their vaccs: U/D the Big Boys have had their revenge!

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
....the appointment is 12.30 - may have to start rounding them up at about 10am :lol:

Before I've taken them in four separate carriers, but now I have 2 nice large ones so that they can travel in their pairs (Butter will be much happier with this), but I'm going to have to catch them all in the 4 smaller carriers and then try and get 2 in each of the larger carriers, otherwise as soon as one goes in the large carrier he hops out again as soon as I open the door to get the other one in :roll::lol:

We also have to have the jabs done in a certain order - Dan has to go first as he's so impatient that he tries pulling the door off the carrier. He;s quite happy once he's been done, but he always wants to be the first. Clo will follows as he shares the carrier with Dan.

Then Butter will be next as he gets nervous at the vets and I like him to be able to go and hide in the hay again whilst Blackie gets done. Blackie takes a long time as he's such a show off and demands a lot of attention! Plus he's such a wriggler that I hold his top end still, my mum holds his bottom end still, and it just about leaves room for the vet to do the injection in the middle of us :lol:

Then it will be back again in 2 weeks for the other vaccs!

Last edited:
lol. sounds like it's going to be a fun morning for you.
Good luck catching them all. Hope they're not too stressed by their 'adventure'.
x

Behave yourselves boys! :wave: Perhaps an extra fenugreek crunchie might be in order to help you all get over the stress. ;) Mummy might need a treat too after the expedition. ;)

lol. sounds like it's going to be a fun morning for you.
Good luck catching them all. Hope they're not too stressed by their 'adventure'.
x

Butters isn't too keen, but the other 3 enjoy the trip out, and they all love the attention of the vet - little show offs :lol:

Clover: I was a very good bunny for the vet. I don't mind what is done to me so long as someone keeps giving me nose rubs or bum rumples. I have a slightly wonky incisor, and tiny weeny hooks on my back teeth. I weigh 1.48kgs now - I'm not a chubby bunny any more :D I had to have all of my claws trimmed, and behaved very well.

Dandelion: I weigh 1.96kg, and it's all muscle!!!! My teeth are brilliant!!!! I did wriggle a bit when the vet trimmed my claws, but I was good apart from that!

Buttercup: I don't like going to the vets and I'm still sulking!!! I weigh 1.55kg, and I have tiny hooks on my back teeth, but my incisors are good. I didn't need my claws trimming.

Blackberry: I wriggled, and licked everybody, and moulted fur everywhere, and I didn't want my claws trimmed, and my incisors are good but my back teeth are yukky but not too bad but I have to let mummy know when they hurt so that I can have them done again. I have put on 200g!!!! I now weigh 1.26kg :D

...and none of them noticed the injections!

I was very good and made myself do some work this afternoon before coming on to see how the boys had got on. :wave: Sounds like they were all very good considering the necessary pokings and proddings. Last time Spenser was at the vet I had to help hold him down for his nail clip. :roll::roll:

... and another outing in a couple of weeks, what larks, eh! :wave: I hope the boys are not poorly after their VHD jabs. Spenser was a bit off-colour for a couple of days, and a red patch on the back of his neck. :( Glad it's just once a year for that one.

Oh God *SUDDEN BLIND PANIC*

I've gotta get Ginger VHD Vacc'd when she arrives. ARGH!

Biccy had his VHD jab, and was off for a couple of days, but i dont know which he had as i forgot my vacc card so i dont have the sticker on it. His were done before the big debate.

*runs off squealing*

Biscuit: bitings is bad, buts i gets noms after as daddy always feels sorry fors gettings a bit angrys teehee.:D

Clover: I was a very good bunny for the vet. I don't mind what is done to me so long as someone keeps giving me nose rubs or bum rumples. I have a slightly wonky incisor, and tiny weeny hooks on my back teeth. I weigh 1.48kgs now - I'm not a chubby bunny any more :D I had to have all of my claws trimmed, and behaved very well.

Dandelion: I weigh 1.96kg, and it's all muscle!!!! My teeth are brilliant!!!! I did wriggle a bit when the vet trimmed my claws, but I was good apart from that!

Buttercup: I don't like going to the vets and I'm still sulking!!! I weigh 1.55kg, and I have tiny hooks on my back teeth, but my incisors are good. I didn't need my claws trimming.

Blackberry: I wriggled, and licked everybody, and moulted fur everywhere, and I didn't want my claws trimmed, and my incisors are good but my back teeth are yukky but not too bad but I have to let mummy know when they hurt so that I can have them done again. I have put on 200g!!!! I now weigh 1.26kg :D

...and none of them noticed the injections!

Wow - they're all tiny like mine! So jealous you have 4 of them....I'm not allowed any more :(
Glad the vets went ok! :)

You have good boys... glad they didnt mind their little day trip out!
Ive got to take 3 of my four next month! How am I going to do that????
Argggghhhhhhh I will prob try and take all 4 together as its still early days in the bond :shock::shock:

You have good boys... glad they didnt mind their little day trip out!
Ive got to take 3 of my four next month! How am I going to do that????
Argggghhhhhhh I will prob try and take all 4 together as its still early days in the bond :shock::shock:

Sounds like taking all four together would be a good idea - good luck :lol:

Back