• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I have to vent *sorry*

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarahslc

Warren Scout
I apologize if this isn't in the right place but this is where my original post was (this thread has been removed due to replies it received today that upset me a great deal) I have been stewing on it all afternoon and feel I have to get it off my chest.
This afternoon I was basically accused by some members of this forum of the theft of a bunny that had strayed into my garden. I did not go into the owners garden open the hutch and take the rabbit - that is theft. The owners left the hutch open and bunny escaped.
I can hold my head up knowing that I have acted in good faith and totally legally. No I did not give bunny back straight away as I knew, not suspected as was implied again by a forum member that this bunny was not cared for very well. I wanted to work out what to do for the best for the bun. I did however in the meantime look at the option of a rescue as I had to forward plan should the need arise as I cannot look after this bun indefinately.
The family made no attempt to find bunny and did not answer my posters left up all round the street saying I had found him and to contact me. I went round and told them I had seen him but not managed to catch him to gauge their reaction which was indifferent.
Before reading the comments this afternoon I had actually informed the family I had found bunny, they do not want him and are happy for me to rehome him.
I came on this forum asking for advice, I certainly didn't expect the reaction I got from a minority of members. This afternoon's events have left me feeling sadly that I no longer want to be a member.:cry:

Oh dear it's sad you feel like that, the problem with typing out opinions is they can often be read the wrong way. I didn't read the original post but you've now done all you can, so feel good in the fact that you've helped a bunny

:wave:

:wave: I'm afraid I missed the earlier thread - sadly theft is defined in law as deliberately taking something belonging to someone else with no intention of returning it - it doesn't have to involve taking it from their property; in fact people have on occasion been arrested for theft for refusing to return balls that neighbour's children have kicked into the garden! Obviously no-one can incite anything that is potentially illegal on a public forum and it would put themselves, you and the forum owners at risk, so sadly it's just one of those things I'm afraid.

I'm glad that you seem to have sorted out this bunny now though :)

Oh dear it's sad you feel like that, the problem with typing out opinions is they can often be read the wrong way. I didn't read the original post but you've now done all you can, so feel good in the fact that you've helped a bunny

:wave:

Agree with this. But you knew that ;) Please don't leave the forum! Xx

:wave: i didnt reply to your early post sounds like you did the right thing
the bunny is safe and will end up with a better home hopfully :)
it always
gets heated on here as people have diffrent ideas about whats right
i wouldnt take it to heart :)

Hello :wave:

I didn't see the original thread either but its obvious that the poor bunny was not wanted.....I think you did the right thing and if I had been in the same situation then I would've done exactly the same. You should be pleased that you rescued him and please don't leave the forum :(

I missed your original thread too. I'm sure you did what you did out of concern for the bunny! Please don't feel sad because of the replies of a minority of members. :)

I missed your original thread too. I'm sure you did what you did out of concern for the bunny! Please don't feel sad because of the replies of a minority of members. :)

I know - maybe people should consider the use of strong words i.e theft when posting - I felt so humiliated and upset. They did apologize but I have felt awful about the whole thing all afternoon.:cry:

I apologize if this isn't in the right place but this is where my original post was (this thread has been removed due to replies it received today that upset me a great deal) I have been stewing on it all afternoon and feel I have to get it off my chest.
This afternoon I was basically accused by some members of this forum of the theft of a bunny that had strayed into my garden. I did not go into the owners garden open the hutch and take the rabbit - that is theft. The owners left the hutch open and bunny escaped.
I can hold my head up knowing that I have acted in good faith and totally legally. No I did not give bunny back straight away as I knew, not suspected as was implied again by a forum member that this bunny was not cared for very well. I wanted to work out what to do for the best for the bun. I did however in the meantime look at the option of a rescue as I had to forward plan should the need arise as I cannot look after this bun indefinitely.
The family made no attempt to find bunny and did not answer my posters left up all round the street saying I had found him and to contact me. I went round and told them I had seen him but not managed to catch him to gauge their reaction which was indifferent.
Before reading the comments this afternoon I had actually informed the family I had found bunny, they do not want him and are happy for me to rehome him.
I came on this forum asking for advice, I certainly didn't expect the reaction I got from a minority of members. This afternoon's events have left me feeling sadly that I no longer want to be a member.:cry:

Can get abit heated on here honey- sorry you feel you want to leave. I've felt this at a forum before and to be honest i did leave. However there are some really kind souls on this forum and i think even with the tough cookies- once you get past the charade, you'll find most members here are very loving, helpful and caring.

Sooooo i can empathize with your situation as i too have been called out on a few of my own ideas about things. However, remember this is just a forum. People have opinions, that is all they are. You don't have to take them on board or be upset by them. I know it's hard and im the first to get emotionally involved in posts.

However, as i say i'm sure plenty of people on the forum , would like you to stay- i'm one of them. I feel it's partly my fault for the advice i gave on that subject. I didn't realise theft was theft if it was off the property. hmm in fact, i still think i'm right on this one. But i guess a car would fall into that catergory. I still think the rabbit was stray, so that means you should report to the rspca and legally after 7 days that bunny is yours to do what you wish with.

So i don't think you have gone wrong really. It turns out the bunny owners were not interested and you have done the right thing.

Hope you feel better after the situation has diffused abit xxxxxxxxx

I didn't see the Thread or posts in question and I'm very new here but I would like to say this:-
Dont let it drive you away! :(
ALL people have their own opinions, and many will voice them - sometimes without thinking or even reading the posts properly?
Like I said, I didn't see things earlier so wont comment on those posts, but from your post above I dont think you've done a bad thing if they didn't want/care for the bunny?.

I know - maybe people should consider the use of strong words i.e theft when posting - I felt so humiliated and upset. They did apologize but I have felt awful about the whole thing all afternoon.:cry:

I can see why you are upset. It seems that some people may be sometimes inconsiderate. (I know that I have sometimes said things that I later regretted.:oops:) Please forget about it! Chin up! Stay in the forum! :)

missed the original thread. sounds like you acted as many others here would have done! there can be lots of nasty people on forums - there's one on here who has a go at me whenever she can but i take no notice of her. :lol: don't let it get you down. its a message board. a good one, but a board all the same.

I think there was an element that people were trying to PROTECT you as well. If the family hadn't felt they wanted to get rid of the bun they could have complained and no one wants to see someone whos heart is genuinely in the right place be reprimanded for it. (It did get a bit too harsh I admit)

Having said that I am glad it has all worked out for the best. Please post a pic of the little 'rescued' bun :D I would love to see him :love:

I can hold my head up knowing that I have acted in good faith and totally legally. No I did not give bunny back straight away as I knew, not suspected as was implied again by a forum member that this bunny was not cared for very well. I wanted to work out what to do for the best for the bun. I did however in the meantime look at the option of a rescue as I had to forward plan should the need arise as I cannot look after this bun indefinately.

I missed this but, to me sounds like you did the right thing. Sometimes regardless of what other people say your own instincts are right;)

Not seen todays threads but i've done a similar thing years bin and stand by my decision. I did it for the animals and the owners didn't care less. If I hadn't helped the two buns in question who would? Sometimes even though there are laws you are acting in the best interest of a creature who can't help itself. In order For the owners to be breaking a law an animal has to already be in a sorry suffering state. If you can prevent this then in my book do it. You will only feel guilty for not helping later. Every one is different. I can sympathise with you and others who feel they get singled out, sometimes I read threads where people also seem to gang up. I've been dipping in and out of here for years, but thats all dipping. I'm too busy looking after my rabbits to be a regular and fit in. This is no slight on anyone's rabbit care but it's how it is for me. I just give advice I don't expect to change anyone's opinions or beliefs. I'm wary of asking for advice as I don't like being judged and find a lot of wat I read here conflicting. i'm not trying to put anyone down with this long post :) my point is put things in perspective and if you hand on heart can say you did the right thing in your mind, and did your very best, don't worry wat anyone else may think or say :) and don't be driven away from the forum :)

I did see the original thread and agreed with what you were doing (sorry I didn't reply then :oops: I'm in a different time zone and was just off to bed) ...

Like the others have said others just voiced their opinions and didn't agree with you... At least the little bun is safe now and that's because of your doing:wave:

I really hope you don't leave this forum because of replies on that thread - i re-read the entire thing yesterday after you posted that offence had been caused, and whilst i can see why, i think the thing to remember is that sometimes tone can simply not be accurately written on a forum like this. I believe that my post was one one that caused offence, and i want to reiterate that none was intended, and in fact, my comment, agreeing with a previous posted, referred to the advocation of just keeping the rabbit, which had been made by many others on the thread, not you!:D

I've read all sorts of things on here that I've found either hurtful :( or just plain ridiculous :lol: But as I don't spend much time on here......Tooo busy with bunny stuff.............I would say there' s no need to leave as you can just have a look at a later date. Also, as someone else said, it is very difficult to put a post on without it being taken the wrong way by some folk , you have to be sooo specific sometimes and then the post is too long to take it all in :)
PS How do some of you find so much time to be on here? My 'time management' must be shocking :shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back