• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit savvy vet in the Portsmouth area?

Not sure about in Portsmouth itself but we use Claire at Downland Veterinary Group in Emsworth, that's the main hospital, they have a smaller clinic in Leigh Park

Where abouts in Portsmouth are you? :wave:

My vets are Alver Veterinary Group based in Gosport, Fareham and Stubbington, there is also Animed in Shedfield Nr Wickham neither are 'exotics' as such but, do have a lot of experience in treating rabbits:wave:

Pablo Fuentes Bugnone at Companion Care Fareham and Portsmouth.

Even better would be Mackie Hobson at either practice but he is only in the UK twice a year and I think he has gone back to SA now already.
Pablo is my vet when Mackie is away and whilst not an exotic vet he is getting very rabbit savy and is open to trying new things. :):wave:

In an emergency - Ashleigh is also very good.

Pablo Fuentes Bugnone at Companion Care Fareham and Portsmouth.

Even better would be Mackie Hobson at either practice but he is only in the UK twice a year and I think he has gone back to SA now already.
Pablo is my vet when Mackie is away and whilst not an exotic vet he is getting very rabbit savy and is open to trying new things. :):wave:

In an emergency - Ashleigh is also very good.

Where is Companion Care? Is that within PAH?

Where is Companion Care? Is that within PAH?

Yep at the back of the Fareham store and at the front of the Portsmouth one I think. A friend of mine goes to the Portsmouth branch but has recently started coming to mine instead as it is much calmer and quieter in general and the main vets are better. Pablo works mostly at Fareham as he is the director of that branch. Ashleigh also works there and she is lovely.

If you choose the Portsmouth branch I would only use Anthony the director of that branch and noone else - have heard dodgy things about the others.

The 24hr emergency is provided by Vets Now based in Portsmouth and to date everyone I have dealt with from this emergency service have been either good enough or v. good.

Yep at the back of the Fareham store and at the front of the Portsmouth one I think. A friend of mine goes to the Portsmouth branch but has recently started coming to mine instead as it is much calmer and quieter in general and the main vets are better. Pablo works mostly at Fareham as he is the director of that branch. Ashleigh also works there and she is lovely.

If you choose the Portsmouth branch I would only use Anthony the director of that branch and noone else - have heard dodgy things about the others.

The 24hr emergency is provided by Vets Now based in Portsmouth and to date everyone I have dealt with from this emergency service have been either good enough or v. good.

Ok thanks, I have heard good things about the PAH vet surgery, I am very happy with my current vet surgery though and Animed in Shedfield will administer the Lapinject on request aswell although I'd probably be charged the full 5 vial dose aswell. Useful to know that thanks v much.:wave:

animed have surgeries in other places but the hospitals in shedfield nr wickham.

ellen is bunny savvy......rob peale..caroline coombs.......and several more now.

http://www.animedvets.co.uk/index.html

id back gem up on claire at downlands...but their hospital isnt 24hr staffed..their main hospital is in bognor regis!!

they wouldnt let ellen order in lapinject when we tried..but since then carolines up for it and so am i...

hope you find one you cope with!

Hi guys, I actually got an appointment at the Victoria House Clinic (I think that's what it's called, my mum's been taking our family dogs there for many years) and the vet there was really helpful & put my mind to rest for the time being.

My poor little bubs is not a well boy but he has been given plenty of medicines to keep him comfortable for the time being - let's hope it clears up soon.

Thanks again, everyone x

Back