• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Reserved: Special Homes Needed

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
We are looking for a very special person to adopt Lotto
He is a young dwarf lop and is almost blind.
this is a genetic fault, he was bred by a very stupid person who took two obviously unhealthy rabbits and let them have a litter ..they then took the babies from their mother at 3 1/2 weeks:cry:
We took the litter in and one of them, Gambit , died soon after. Another boy Chance died under GA whilst being neutered.

Today Lotto was neutered. The vet said his heart developed a bad murmur while he was under ga and although he has recovered ok she wouldn't advise his sisters being speyed

So we need a very special person top take on Lotto. Due to his eyesight he may well not bond as he is very defensive in his hutch and goes to attack anything that moves, but once he knows who you are he loves a fuss and is easy to pick up and handle:love:
He would need a single decker home with things left in the same place so he knows where they are and preferably be kept indoors to get lots of attention with an experienced owner.
Excuse the bad pic he was very nervous and looks it

Lottoa.jpg

Please can someone give this special needs lad a loving home:cry:
He is fully vacs

We also need homes for his un speyed sisters.
Bangle and Trinket are living together and would be nice to keep them in pair
Charm , a short sighted but lovely REW, is living alone at present. She could be bonded with a neutered buck or we would allow her to live as a solo housebun with an owner who is at home most of the time
Please lets help give these poor little buns a chance of forever homes
e mail honeybunnysr@aol.com if you can help

Last edited:
Thats so sad, sounds similar to Newt, Melody and Maddox :( None of them lived long enough to even try neutering :(

Hes a handsome lad :love:

Oh dear. Why are people so VERY silly!?! That rabbit is darling and it totally breaks my heart :(. I would give him a home in a second but I have two bonded rabbits already, and one has proven to be a little aggresive on first meetings (well only the first two meetings which isn't bad) so would probably scare him :(

Oh gosh Jill :cry: We have a litter in that have similar problems, most of the buns have cataracts and have weepy eyes, im not sure how we are going to rehome them yet :(

I hope Lotto and his sisters find their forever homes soon xxx

oh!:shock::cry: I remember Lotto....and Chance....:cry:
Its so sad he is so scared & has this problem.....for a moment i thought he oculd bond with my 2 girls....Indiana is such a sweety...he'd be perfect...rpoblem is I have 2 tier level hutches....and my buns move everything round constantly...
I think he is gorgeous....and will make a perfect sweety once he knows who is who...

ooooohhh....I do hope there is the perfect home for him...he so deserves a home where he feels safe and loved...:)

It makes me so sad and so angry when I hear stories like this. I remember Jill first telling me about this litter and how because they were taken from their mum so young, she wasn't even sure that they would survive. It's only down to the intensive love & attention bestowed on them that they are still here. They are little sweethearts and really do deserve special forever homes.

PLEASE, everyone encourage as many people as you can do get a rabbit from a rescue not a pet shop/breeder and educate people on neutering buns they may already own. We need to fight the fire and tackle the source or this problem will never go away. Honeybunnies have a waiting list so long it could reach the moon and because we have a no PTS policy re-homing is incredibly slow. Sadly some people just aren't prepared to wait.... :(

he is gorgeous unfortuneatley i am looking for a girl in the future to bond with my male as i lost hes wife last week :(

I hope lotto can find a loving home soon though he is gorgeous!

he is gorgeous unfortuneatley i am looking for a girl in the future to bond with my male as i lost hes wife last week :(

I hope lotto can find a loving home soon though he is gorgeous!

We have lots of lovely girlies looking for homes :love: PM Jill if you would like details :)

Please check Transport threads to see if you can help get this little chap from Leicester to his new home in Poole
or from Warminster on Monday to Poole

Back