• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is this enough space?

After Charlie was taken by the fox, i ended up getting into a rabbit conversation with a few mums in the playground who were previously unaware that i had rabbits. Anyway, to cut a long story short, last week i was offered a 'free to a good home' unwanted childrens female pet rabbit. At the moment, Lola and Peppa are locked up in a 6 x 2 x2 hutch during dark hours and have at least 12 hours a day in a 6x4 run. When i am home (which is most of the time apart from school runs and the odd supermarket dash!) they have a 6 x 6 run which is non possible to fox proof sufficiently to leave them in unattended.

So all together they have daily access to 72 square foot of space, but it isn't possible to attach a run perminently to the hutch at the moment because of the landscaping in the garden and the awkward space. (I'm working on this!)

If i took in the third unwanted rabbit and they could be eventually bonded would this set up be enough space for 3? Am massively tempted, especially after losing Charlie, by the idea of a trio, if only so one never has to be left alone again should anything awful happen :?

Back